Question What's the next least expensive rear-facing seat other than the Cosco Scenera?

VLsMom

A friend of mine is considering turning her son (13 months) rear-facing so she bought the Cosco Scenera ~ and hates it. She complains it installs poorly and the crotch strap is too short for her chubby legged little guy...and doesn't like how the seat feels cheap. She cloth diapers too so that adds extra bulk.

She really wants to turn him back around rear facing but can't spend a lot of money ~ so what's a nice seat that will rear-face awhile (I do not know how much her little guy weighs...somewhere in the 21-23 lbs range) that doesn't cost a ton of money!?

thanks for the help! I used to be active on this board and keep up with what's new and nice but have been out of the loop for a couple years. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

ADS

VLsMom

Does the Evenflo Tribute RF to 30 or 35 lbs?

What's the diff between the Tribute and the Titan?

Last edited:

jess71903

Ambassador
Maybe the OnSide Air? It's based on the Scenera but has more padding and air pillow things. Other than that, the MyRide will last longer RF and FF than the Scenera, although it's over $100. The Evenflo Triumph Advance has been replaced by the Triumph 65, and should be on sale if you can find one. The Avenue is under $100.

I get the Tribute and the Titan mixed up.

sunnymw

titan rf to 35lbs but has a short ish shell.

i would see if she can find any efta's on sale. there was one for $95 at my toys r us last week.

you could also get with her and buy a seat from swap here :)

henrietta

the On Side Air, which is a "better" Scenera w/some added "safety" features, was on sale for $60 recently....maybe on Albeebaby.com or Kmart.com... It's pretty tall.

The newer Evenflo Tribute has a rearfacing weight limit of 35 lbs, EPS foam, and 4 shoulder harness slots. It's a bit easier to install than the Scenera, it seems, and it will last height wise about the same amount of time. It feels a bit sturdier than the Scenera.

The Titan is more expensive and maybe not as roomy...although it does go to 50 lbs forward facing now. I'm not sure if it would last as long rearfacing as the Tribute, and I think it may be shorter.

hths

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC