Stupid Stock market traders!

Morganthe

Related to the 'Angry about Gas prices' thread.Oil prices settle above $66 a barrel

" Oil prices pushed above $66 a barrel Friday after Saudi Arabia announced the arrests of 172 Islamic militants, some of whom planned to attack oil fields."

"The concern is that we know al-Qaida's number one priority is to hit an oil field in Saudi Arabia," said Phil Flynn, an analyst at Alaron Trading Corp. in Chicago. "They're just not going to quit."

Okay, perhaps they won't quit. But they ARRESTED the plotters. It didn't happen. Perhaps someday it will, but not right now. No disaster occurred today. So cut out all the shaky worry and spookage. You're speculators, not trained political savvy historians or experts. But now they freaked and the cost has jumped sharply upwards.

What does annoy me is that gas prices at the pumps will rise immediately or tomorrow, not when the actual new fuel delivery & purchase is done. :rolleyes:

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Related to the 'Angry about Gas prices' thread.Oil prices settle above $66 a barrel

What does annoy me is that gas prices at the pumps will rise immediately or tomorrow, not when the actual new fuel delivery & purchase is done. :rolleyes:

The reason gas prices will change tomorrow is because what is in the tank (in the ground) is yet to be determined price wise. Every morning the gas company, Chevron for instance, puts out a price and that price is what your fuel in the ground is worth that day. And what you charge your customers goes off that number, you can't charge less then that price but you can charge more. You don't actually buy your truck-full of fuel when it comes and fills up your in-ground tanks. So when prices drop you also get to experience the benefit immediately (at least the next day) instead of waiting for "that" fuel to arrive.

TheRealMacGyver

Just when you think you've seen it all!:D

You know, the economists will tell you all day long that it is a simple matter of supply and demand. HOWEVER, gas prices only seem to rise with barrel prices. I NEVER see them drop with barrel prices! Again, economists will stare you straight in the face and tell you "Yes they do". Ridiculous, totally off the charts ridiculous. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just drill a super long pipe through the center of the earth and tap into their supply! Then we could cut them off completely. Cool idea huh.

vonfirmath

The reason economists will stare you in the face and say yes they do is --well, yes prices do drop sometimes. After every summer, gas prices drop. Then they go up again the next summer.

I remember since I started driving (in the last 15 years), gas prices going up above $1.00/gal, then dropping back to under $1.00/gal for a while before they rose again.

Morganthe

I remember since I started driving (in the last 15 years), gas prices going up above $1.00/gal, then dropping back to under $1.00/gal for a while before they rose again.

LOL - below a dollar. :whistle: Must have been in TX or the South. Even in NM, during really low priced gas in 1993ish, I was paying $1.15 minimum regardless of the time of year. Up north, it was even more. I thought it was dirt cheap after the early 1980s where I'd pay over 1.65pg on a lesser pay check.

I really miss buying AAFES-Esso & Aral gas coupons in Germany. I'd angle it that I'd purchase around 800 ltrs in booklets for dh & my vehicles in late Sept & Early Feb. (At the end/beginning of each month, you can use the ration for the 2 months together)

I'd time it that the price was when prices were at the lowest just after summer and at the point before they started to rise again. It was really great for the budget & dh never had to worry his little head about affording gas for his car. I wish I could do that now -- prepay for a certain amount of gas before I have to use it during summer's high prices. Heck, I don't drive anymore or less during the various seasons :shrug-shoulders:

I really think prices increase out of habit than any anticipation of greater demand. We'll pay it no matter what. It's not like people are telling their bosses, "Sorry, so sad, but gas is too high for us to bother heading to work for you." :ROTFLMAO:

ThreeBeans

When I first got my license, you could 'fill it up' with ten dollars. Those were the days...and that was just a little over 10 years ago!

TheRealMacGyver

The reason economists will stare you in the face and say yes they do is --well, yes prices do drop sometimes. After every summer, gas prices drop. Then they go up again the next summer.

I don't disagree that they do drop, I just see them go up faster than they go down. The correlation has a lag in the downward direction that's all. If you watch barrel prices and the pump prices, it just seems that way. But hey, I could be wrong too.

ThreeBeans: Thanks a lot, now I can't get the "All in the Family" theme song out of my head!:D

skaterbabs

I distinctly remember filling up the tank of my Excel when CJ was a toddler and gas was .97 cents a gallong for premium. In, oh, 97 or so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC