Chicco Caddy?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Anyone with experience with/opinions on the Chicco Caddy? Amazon/Right Start has it in red for $29.99 and I'm thinking it might be a good deal for an umbrella fold travel stroller, instead of risking our Maclaren Quest getting trashed when we gate check it for an upcoming Orlando trip. Plus DH would rather push around a non-pink stroller, lol (our Quest has a pink fleur cover). We also have a Graco Mosaic but it's heavier and clunkier to fold in a hurry IMHO. The Caddy's canopy looks pretty small for sun protection but I have a universal canopy extender I would use any way. Thanks for any input.

ADS

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had one, didn't hate it. I'm 5'2" and kicked the wheels a bit but IMO a perfect gate checking stroller.

sirrahn

I've had one since my now 4 yr old was a baby....it's a bright yellow one that got on super low clearance at BRU. I bought it just to have something light easy to fold/unfold to walk up to DS's school with, but it's probably been about the most heavily used stroller I've owned....it stays in the back of my Sienna.

I'm short too and do sometimes have trouble with kicking it as well, but it's so light and the carry strap has come in handy more times than I ever thought it would. The shade is pretty worthless, but my kids aren't fair and if we're out a long time, they're covered in sunscreen so it hasn't been a biggy to me. HTH!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Anyone with experience with/opinions on the Chicco Caddy? Amazon/Right Start has it in red for $29.99 and I'm thinking it might be a good deal for an umbrella fold travel stroller, instead of risking our Maclaren Quest getting trashed when we gate check it for an upcoming Orlando trip. Plus DH would rather push around a non-pink stroller, lol (our Quest has a pink fleur cover). We also have a Graco Mosaic but it's heavier and clunkier to fold in a hurry IMHO. The Caddy's canopy looks pretty small for sun protection but I have a universal canopy extender I would use any way. Thanks for any input.

I can't stand it at normal price, but could maybe tolerate it for $30.... :twocents:

Lara

I HATED mine! I'm about 5'6" and I literally stepped on TOP of the wheels cause the handles are so short.

I just took the canopy off. It didn't do much at all.

I hated folding the thing. I like one handed, this one was definatly not!

I switched a couple months ago to a chicco c5 and I LOVE it! Its a bit heavier, but steers SO much nicer, the handles are REALLY tall, the back is taller, the canopy... well its a bit of an improvement but not much. I never use it anyways. Oh, and it folds really easily, IMO.

Though, I guess for $30 it wouldn't be too horrible. You could probably sell it for more than that when you are done with it!

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
I have one and I love it. Lightweight, easy to fold and use, small but functional basket. That's a pretty good price for one.

It also comes with a bag you can put it in and a carry strap.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm 5'6" and DH is 6'1" so it sounds like he would be the one to carry it around with the shoulder strap, and I'll be the primary pusher (or kicker, lol). For $30 I think it's worth trying for our trip, and I may be able to pass it on to a more petite relative. Thanks again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC