What a bad day/week!!!

arly1983

I am sitting here mobbing and I will unload on yall people...

Last week we drove 1 hr way to be with my DHs Grandfather who had a terminal brain tumor.

He pasted away Sunday morning at 4 am...

I had to take off from the daycare monday and tuesday. All my fill-ins are family so I had no-fillin. The veiwing started at 3:30 on Monday and was 1 hr 20 mins away.

The funderal started at 3 and we had to be there at 11 am tuesday.

I started back work wednesday. I really missed my kids. My three little girls are so sweet and they are all signing (we had to teach singing to Jackson and they picked it up)

I had a new little boy (22 months) start two weeks ago Monday. His mom was upset right off the bat because we are taking a one week vacation starting on the 6th of May. She thought I should provide a replacement.

Well, this morning at about 3 am I woke up with the virus, all nine yards of it. My DH called all my kids parents at 6:30 am. My other threes parents where like "oh, what a horrible week yall are having" "Get better soon" "Don't worry about us" The little boys mom was like "Oh". That is my DHs direct quote...

So this little boy's mom calls my house at about 10 and gets my SIL (she came over to watch my two on her day off, she is a nurse) and says that would I please get his stuff together, that they were going to get another babysitter.

I am wrong for feeling a little hurt or angry???:confused:

ADS

scatterbunny

I would feel hurt/angry, too, but at the same time understand that some working families don't have the time/energy/patience/ability to find another sitter on such short notice, so maybe it's best that she find someone else?

((hugs)) Arly! Don't let it get you down. I always let myself get worked up by people outside my family, only to realize it isn't worth my time and energy to worry/stress about them.

arly1983

Your right!

I suppose I kinda feel like a failure.

What makes this laughable is this is the only three days I have had to take off in seven months!

Yoshi

No, you're not wrong for feeling that way- she doesn't sound understanding in the least- a family death and your illness are not predictable and you had no way to cover for your daycare.....and being upset about your vacation is also insensitive- you are entitled to that- just because her child was beginning with you right before isn't your planning, either. That being said, she is probably freaking out if she has no other care and MUST get back to work- she is stuck, for sure, and is taking it out on you. I know when my son was in daycare it was a family run nursery school/daycare- the teacher was a wonderful, wonderful person and we ADORED her- but every year on her vacations (which we still paid for that week by law she can get paid) I used to grouse and grumble about it because not only did I have to scramble to get care for my son- I was out 2X as much money. Just nothing I could do about it and I didn't resent HER, per se, just the lost $$$$. (I was a single mom earning $7 an hour at my job) So, this woman not even having a relationship with you yet, not knowing you or respecting you for the wonderful caregiver you are, she got pi**ed off and you are probably better off without her if that is her character. I am sorry for your loss- and I hope you get well soon!!! ((((HUGS)))))

cpsaddict

You are NOT a failure! You are human. These things happen and she should have some understanding. I can see where she is coming from, but she should also make sure she has a back-up because you are not a robot. People die and get sick all the time. And sometimes, as humans, we have bad days, weeks or whatever.
The vacation thing is just weird. It's not your fault she started when she did. You deserve a vacation just like anyone else!

Keep your head up. It can only get better, right! Oh and I hope you are feeling better. We all had the yucky virus last week! Not fun!

amy919

You have every right to feel hurt. It's not your fault it's been such an awful week for you. I do understand where they're coming from, too. I made the conscious choice to go with a day car center instead of an individual because I need for my kids to be there. I can't afford not to have a back up plan. It sounds like they need to do the same and that is NO reflection on you and NOT your fault.

Sometimes things just aren't a good fit.

I hope next week is a better one for you!

Amy

Suzibeck

(((hugs Arly))))

Don't let this woman make you feel bad. That is something that may happen when you chose to use a day care home, as opposed to a center. Each person has to weigh the positives and negatives of each care situation and decide which works best for them. It sounds like this lady needs a center if she doesn't have anyone to fall back on when you are not available.

I'm sorry for the loss in your family! I hope next week goes better for you all!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC