My poor Radian XT

tl01

I have an XT that is in my friend's car for when she picls DS1 up from school. Since I put it in her car.. the poor thing has been abused. I knew by letting it out of my care that I was mentally going to have to write the seat off... but I didn't think it would get to be this bad. One side of the seat is scribbled all over in ink b/c her child got a hold of a pen. Her other child likes to ride in DS1's seat and she lets her kid eat in it. She said the seat and harness is covered in ice cream. Ick! I feel guilty making DS1 ride in the seat in this condition. It is also covered in dog hair b/c her dog sits in it sometimes. I need to get the seat out of her car to fix something on it... but I'm wondering if I should order a new harness for it.... or exchange the harness for the harness on the Radian she keeps in my car....:whistle:. Would you be a little sad about how the seat has been treated? While I have the seat I'm going to wash the cover of course. I know she hasn't been in a crash so the seat is "safe" and that is what the seat is for... but I didn't expect it to be treated this way. Luckily, at least she takes DS1's safety seriously and he harness is always tight and the chest clip at the right level. What is sad is that her child who rides in the seat doesn't fit the harness at all.. there's a huge age/size difference btwn my kid and hers.

ADS

jsmom

I would be sad too. My first educated seat purchase was a marathon for DD. After we got her a BLVD I gave the MA to my mil. Even though it was hers now, it still hurt my feelings to see it "abused" lol

babyherder

I'd be sad but I wouldn't switch the harnesses. She takes her ds's safety seriously and restrains him the way you want. That's the most important thing. I'd let the rest of it go. Plus, if you're putting the seat back in her car the harness might get ruined again. Why ruin the one good radian harness left out of the two? (But lol at the idea!)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I admit I don't have the same emotional attachment to carseats that many of us here do. As long as the seat was still safe (ice cream on the straps is not a safety issue, kerosene is), I don't think it would make me sad for the seat.

emtb79

The one thing I would be worried about is her child who doesnt fit exceeding the limits of the seat. Also I would be telling her because you didnt give her the seat to keep right? That to please not allow your children to write on it. Even though its in someone else's car doesnt mean they have the right to ruin it.

momtoo3

Hairspray takes ink out but I've never used it so not sure how to do it. Maybe someone else could weigh in on it. I would just wash the cover and clean the harness the best you can. I wouldn't switch the harness since it will likely just get messy again.

Meg

but I'm wondering if I should order a new harness for it.... or exchange the harness for the harness on the Radian she keeps in my car....:whistle:. Would you be a little sad about how the seat has been treated?

Wait, so she owns a Radian that she keeps in your car and you own a Radian that you keep in her car? :scratcheshead: If that's the case, both of you should just keep your own Radians in your own cars.

And I wouldn't be sad if my car seat was abused like that.. I'd be angry! There's no reason for her to let her kids write on your things or let her animal sit and get fur and dirty paws all over the seat. If someone's things got abused like that in my possession, I'd be apologizing profusely and if the damage was permanent, I'd offer to replace the item.

tl01

Meg said:
Wait, so she owns a Radian that she keeps in your car and you own a Radian that you keep in her car? :scratcheshead: If that's the case, both of you should just keep your own Radians in your own cars.

And I wouldn't be sad if my car seat was abused like that.. I'd be angry! There's no reason for her to let her kids write on your things or let her animal sit and get fur and dirty paws all over the seat. If someone's things got abused like that in my possession, I'd be apologizing profusely and if the damage was permanent, I'd offer to replace the item.

Mine is an XT with headwings. Hers is a 65 SL. I want my kid in a seat with wings bc he sits in the middle btwn two FFing MAs.

tl01

emtb79 said:
The one thing I would be worried about is her child who doesnt fit exceeding the limits of the seat. Also I would be telling her because you didnt give her the seat to keep right? That to please not allow your children to write on it. Even though its in someone else's car doesnt mean they have the right to ruin it.

Her kid is way smaller than mine. My child has almost maxed it our by height.... Her child is younger.. using it straps too high.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC