Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

The Kolcraft Aria, lol...

I was bummed to not find the wagon I wanted in stock at TRU, so had to ease my pain by looking at strollers and carseats (the Alpha Sport is NICE!). They had a lavender el cheapo umbrella stroller with a hood I almost couldn't resist (I do loves me purple....), but I was most intrigued by this little beauty

http://www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx...hopby=category

It was almost as easy to do the same fold as my $200 Aria, but it doesn't lock itself or take an infant seat....but man, for that price, who cares? I didn't kick the wheels... If it hadn't been in the dorkiest giraffe print (I LIKE giraffes, but this was Dorky!) I might have been tempted for a travel stroller....

Anyway, just had to share
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: The Kolcraft Aria, lol...

I think that is a great stroller. It doesn't feel as plasticky as the Baby Trend Trendsport my friend has. Kmart has it in a black pattern that is not as strange as the giraffe. It folds much nicer than the Trend Sport, too!
    Jacky, CPST and mom to Kenzie(5) and Maverick(3) Riding in a Frontier, Marathon 70 and Radian, Safety 1st Store N Go and Evenflo Right Fit

We've had this one too.

Of course, we found ours at someones curb.

So, I didn't really care about all the other stuff. Yay, free stroller.

I sold it for $10.00, too.

Yes, I am a trash picker. Not a dumpster diver. (There is a difference.)
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

You're sure you didn't have the Lite Sport? I used to have one of those and LOVED it! But I thought this was new, this whole 'stand alone' feature. Or I'm totally out of the loop...which isn't a bad thing to say about cheap strollers...is it? (lol)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    It was almost as easy to do the same fold as my $200 Aria, but it doesn't lock itself or take an infant seat....but man, for that price, who cares? I didn't kick the wheels... If it hadn't been in the dorkiest giraffe print (I LIKE giraffes, but this was Dorky!) I might have been tempted for a travel stroller....

Anyway, just had to share
    Our Aria IS our travel stroller

I picked ours up in the fall of 2002 at Value City in a blow out sale.. a 2001 model (w/o the ability to carry an infant seat) for only $49!

We have a Peg Milano as well which we use around the neighborhood (I actually had to talk my aunt DOWN from a Bertini Pram which wouldn't have worked for us as our only stroller!)... but the Aria is our mall and travel stroller.
    Christine
    CPST
    Mom to Bethany, 7.5yo - Monterey/Nautilus and Benjamin, 3yo - Regent/Nautilus