Pics of Smart Seat

tl01

I checked it out with DS2 today at our local BRU. I liked it overall though it will take up a huge amount of space RFing compared with my BLVD70. I'd have to put it in my car and the BLVD in DH's car. Here's a pic of a big 8.5 month old in it. I'm going to go back with help and try it in my car to see how it will work out RFing. I also want to try it out with DS1 to see how it works for his height with the headrest.
dbfbda2b.jpg

ADS

icnee

Thanks for the pic, she is a cutie.
Is the head rest pushing her head forward or is it that she is just looking at the book.

crunchierthanthou

icnee said:
Thanks for the pic, she is a cutie.
Is the head rest pushing her head forward or is it that she is just looking at the book.

Dear tl01. I know your adorable son is a boy, even if BRU has a girlie floor model. ;)

Thanks for the picture. :)

Notaclue

I was wondering if it was pushing his head forward too. Looks like he has miles of shell above his head though.

tl01

Dear tl01. I know your adorable son is a boy, even if BRU has a girlie floor model. ;)

Thanks for the picture. :)

They did have a boy print... didn't even look at it though b/c it had tons of infant padding in it and I didn't want to mess with it. There was even a duplicate pad... and I wasn't sure it if was from another seat or not... so we just used the girlie pattern. DS2 would love that seat since pink is his favorite color;). It's funny though b/c everyone thinks DS2 is a girl. Everywhere we go people comment about "her".

Last edited:

tl01

I was wondering if it was pushing his head forward too. Looks like he has miles of shell above his head though.

Well.. I'm not quite sure:(. I'm worried about the headrest as well. I was trying to adjust everything on the seat and couldn't fully recline it for a while. I figured out that the seat was installed in the base for a FFing install and that's why it wouldn't recline more. There was no manual.. just the quick booklet he's playing with that showed the recline handle but it was pretty hard to make the seat move up or down. After I took DS2 out we were able to determine that we needed to flip it around. By then, DS2 had had too much of being in the seat. I figured I wouldn't torture him anymore until I come back with DH and DS1. I'm going to fully install it all ways in my car and see how the headrest works when it is in the car for both kids. There is a bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to put it in the base etc. While it is obvious if it is done right by the right tabs that stick out of the seat when it is unlocked... it is tricky getting it to the point where you can secure the seat. Of course it was harder b/c I was holding DS2 as well.

Spam

He's so cute! Thanks for the pic, it does look like it's pushing his head pretty far forward. I wonder if that's just another appearance thing, or if it would be really uncomfortable? When I drive, my head isn't flat against the headrest, doesn't touch unless I lean my head back. And I've noticed that when A's awake in his prosport he sits with his head forward until he falls asleep. Just my thoughts for today.

tl01

He's so cute! Thanks for the pic, it does look like it's pushing his head pretty far forward. I wonder if that's just another appearance thing, or if it would be really uncomfortable? When I drive, my head isn't flat against the headrest, doesn't touch unless I lean my head back. And I've noticed that when A's awake in his prosport he sits with his head forward until he falls asleep. Just my thoughts for today.

I have a pic from the side. I'm going to see if it helps give perspective. I didn't post it at first b/c it makes it look like the SS takes up the same RFing room as the Britax seats.. but that's b/c the SS is set up for FFing. I think that part of it is b/c he's trying to read for the booklet that the store rep was holding to keep him occupied.

ETA... darn.. didn't upload it to photobucket yet. When I have a chance I will and I'll post it.

ETA again... here's the pic. I uploaded it now. I don't think the pic really helps. I should have taken one from above. I'll try to go back soon and get the rest of the pics I want.

5921e0c1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC