Contemplating a booster

jsta1005

B turned 4 in December and is almost over the top slots of her XTSL. I have a Frontier she can use until about April when I start watching her new baby sister. Her mom and dad are ready to move her to a booster full time in their cars but I have talked them out of it this far. Am I crazy to start booster training in my car so she is ready in her parents cars? I'm so not ready for her to be old enough to be in a booster! :( she is 4 years old, weighs 57 lbs, and I'm not sure on exact height but she is even with top slots on the XTSL.

Either tell me this is a good idea or an awful one!

ADS
do you think her parents would be open to getting her Frontiers? What seats does she currently use in her parents' cars? Does she seem like she'd have the maturity to sit properly in a booster? (at 57 lbs., maybe the Parkway SG would be a good choice if the parents are set on boostering her?)
If her parents are set on boostering her, IMO it'd be appropriate for you to explain to her what proper booster behavior is and yes, even training her - better she be trained by someone who is attentive to reinforcing proper booster behavior than for her to be moved into boosters without any training

jsta1005

Well she has a Frontier and a Nautilus in her parents cars but they want to pass those seats down to S. I could probably talk them into a booster in only 1 car but I think they are pretty set on her moving to a booster soon anyways. She rode in a booster for me once in November and did great. She knows how she needs to behave in a booster but I don't know if that would be enforced in mom and dads cars.

jsta1005

In dads car S is riding in one of the AOE and he weighs 37 lbs so he is almost too big. They want to pass the Nauti to him. In moms car S has a marathon so he can stay put for a while.

Kat_Momof3

I'd encourage them to just get an evenflo maestro... it's about the same price as a bpb would be, but that way, they don't have to booster the oldest till she's old enough to be mature enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC