WHY should children not wear puffy coats in carseats?

ADS

mavmakmar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDhng9hvjlI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDhng9hvjlI[/ame]

watch

I share this link with people and they end up having the "light bulb" moment :)

aeormsby

Check your manuals. I know I've seen it in at least some of them.

ETA: (from my FR80 manual - 4th bullet)
Fullscreen%20capture%201242011%2013944%20PM.bmp.jpg

4boysmom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDhng9hvjlI

watch

I share this link with people and they end up having the "light bulb" moment :)

See that video is not particularly wowing to me. I have space bagged items and the seal got open and the bag didn't expand all that much more (I am talking T shirts not coats but if someone wants to argue they will) a parent could see that and say "Well I pull the harness tight, it takes out that slack when I push down on it". Any ad that sells a product is going to be a turn off for someone "looking for a fight" ykwim... I like the photos Bodhi's mom did not too long ago where she showed her kids in medium weight coats (so not even super puffy, just not thin fleece) that were "tight" and passed the pinch test then took off the coats and her kids were able to pretty much climb out from all the slack.

Jonah Baby

See that video is not particularly wowing to me. I have space bagged items and the seal got open and the bag didn't expand all that much more (I am talking T shirts not coats but if someone wants to argue they will) a parent could see that and say "Well I pull the harness tight, it takes out that slack when I push down on it". Any ad that sells a product is going to be a turn off for someone "looking for a fight" ykwim... I like the photos Bodhi's mom did not too long ago where she showed her kids in medium weight coats (so not even super puffy, just not thin fleece) that were "tight" and passed the pinch test then took off the coats and her kids were able to pretty much climb out from all the slack.

Think you might remember what thread that was? My searching skills are...sad.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC