What was....

ADS

JOII

Before I knew anything? 2004, Evenflo Portabout, part of a travel system. Worst.Seat.Ever.

After? 2006, Britax Marathon.

NannyMom

SIL bought me a SR22, rear adjust. I spoke with a tech, and she told me to get the SS1, so I returned the SR22 and got the SS1. A week or 2 before Sofi was born, the day I was supposed to go on bed rest :whistle:

ETA: No, I change my answer. I forgot that I bought some old carseat, with metal legs at a yard sale when I was a babysitting teen. I took the cover off to wash, and couldn't figure out how to get it back on. I ended up in the trash.

Last edited:

Dillipop

I am going to hide under my bed while I tell you- it was a shield booster for the neighbor girl. Her parents didn't have her in anything and I figured she should be in something in my car with only lap belts. It was the only option, really, in 1998 with no money. (I do want to point out that when I gave the seat away, I had thrown out the shield and gave it away as a no back booster- I had learned how bad they were by then.)

My second seat wasn't much better- a century accel with overhead shield for a kid I watched in college. I used it with my son rfing and ffing until he was almost 2 and then replaced it with a husky.

ETA- Before using the accel for my son, I borrowed a rear adjust snugride for a couple months from SIL. I had it checked by a tech and it was fine. However, SIL regularly washed the straps in the washer and I didn't know that was bad. Oops.

3rd seat was a titan for my mom's car.

4th seat was a marathon for my car.

5th was the husky.

And the list goes on... (Hiding under the bed again...I currently have 19 seat for 3 kids and 3 cars. The husky is the only one I still have from early on, though.)

brookity

Mine was a brand new Evenflo On My Way that was probably expired by the time I was able to use it. I washed the straps, used an aftermarket headrest, rode around with the handle up and the straps were way above her shoulders. The stroller that came with it broke so I upgraded to a Graco Mosaic and a Snugride 22. The straps were still above DD's shoulders because I head somewhere that they were always supposed to be above and it wasn't until she had been flipped FF and then back RF did I realize that I had been wrong all along.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Some Cosco infant seat that I ended up giving to a friend. Bought a (used) Kolcraft Rock N Ride (20yrs ago). Replaced it with an Evenflo Joyride infant seat...then Evenflo Ultara OHS....and many many many more after that. ;)

munchkin

Right before Mya was born, I was talking with a family I babysat for about needing a seat for her and they gave me their EddieBauer/Designer 22 infant bucket. (I hated it! Good thing I didn't have Mya often.)

That I actually bought - Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe. I had bought a Fido Marathon cover :love: a couple of months before knowing I was going to get the seat eventually.

Kobain's Mommy

In 99 my first car seat was a FP T-sheild. My cousin bought it for a couple bucks at a yard sale to put in my car for her son.

The first car seat I ever bought was a used SR22. In all fairness it was only used for a real baby once, other thatn that it was used for my dolls.

The first new seat I bought was a CarGo for my Godson to use in my car.

cpsaddict

The first seat I bought was a Cosco Highback Booster for my godson, who was 2 at the time and in nothing. This was, I think, around 2000. The first seat I bought for my child was a Strawberry Marathon. My sister bought DD's SS1 in Jenny, but I chose it and told her where to get it. I still love it and hope this baby is a girl, so I can reuse the cover.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I received a SnugRide and a Wizard for my baby shower.

The first seat I bought myself was a Nautilus.

icnee

It was Even Flo somthing dont remember what.
It had a five point harness, head roll and harness covers and rear adjust.

BabyKaykes

My first seats were a SnugRide that previously belonged to my Godson, and a Comfortsport that I got as a shower gift.

The first seat I ever bought myself was in the summer of '06. I needed an extra spare seat and I HATED that I couldn't get the straps tight enough on the CS. So after my first trip to BBC's car seat board, I went out and bought a Scenera.

sunnymw

Front adjust Snugride 22 in blue plaid. It's still in the shed waiting for trade it (not expired, just... gross).

First seat after I joined CSO? Boulevard. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC