Forcing an answer from SKJP

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I know a lot of people have been having problems with the LATCH strap loosening on their Radian SLs. (I haven't...yet...) It also seems like a surprising number of people are having their harnesses loosen.

There's the thread here where people have been asked to document their problem and any response/non-response from Sunshine Kids. People have been directed (on that thread and others) to report the problem to NHTSA.

It's great that we're talking about it here, and it's great (not to mention imperative) to report the problem to NHTSA. (I mean that sincerely--I'm not trying to dismiss the efforts at all.)

The problem is that NHTSA moves slowly. Really slowly. If at all.

What really gets companies moving is responding to public pressure.

I follow SKJP on Facebook. They don't really post much except to run contests, and people don't post much on there except to enter contests.

If people want to bring more attention to the LATCH-loosening issue, and maybe force SKJP to address it, posting about it on Facebook would be a great place to start.

Even if all they do is say they're researching a solution, at least certain people could no longer claim to have "never heard of that problem."

Obviously, any comments left should be respectful. And I don't know, maybe there's something in the design of the replacement straps people are getting that does solve the problem. If that's the case, then ignore this suggestion. :eek:

ADS

Kat_Momof3

well, here's my only thought... remember the guy with the youtube video on what was going on with the safety 1st seat that led to more seats like that and then a big recall??

well, I say... make videos... every single one of you... detailing exactly what the issue is.

Then, go further... seek the news stations, the way the pp from here did awhile back with the baby bathtub seat that her son got caught in.

Media is a strong device you can use against carseat companies....

And surely, if ENOUGH of you post videos one after the other, and all in response to each other (go and post each others as video responses to each others), and then send a link to them to the high ups at SKJP, it'd be pretty hard to ignore.

luckyclov

I still haven't had an issue with mine. I check daily just about (it's in DH's vehicle, so not used often). I *almost* wish it would because I'd really rather have the other LATCH strap.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Me either. my car likes my Radian. I have 3 across (KF, MA, XTSL), and have enough room to latch the XTSL. I check it all the time.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I also haven't had a problem, but lots of people have. You can bet that if mine does develop a problem, I'm taking it to Facebook.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Diapers.com replaced my first XTSL after the harness loosened for no reason and SKJP would replace. The replacement seat has the issue with the "cam lock" as russ likes to call it, or the adjustor lever, not staying down. I have to manually push it down and then then I find it up for no reason. I called SKJP about the probelm,a nd got the same BS runaround.

I love thsi idea. Its time for this to be addressed and soon.

jessi f

I think this is a really good idea. I havnt had any trouble out of my XTSL but I feel a little wary about it bc of the way these issues are being handled :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC