Question New here, quick question!

D

Doodle&Squishysmom

So I'm buying my son an Advocate but there aren't really any cute options for covers and I have been warned that using a custom(non-Britax) cover voids the warranty so my question is where can I find more fabric options for the Advocate? Also, will Boulevard covers fit the Adovcate? Thank you!!!:thumbsup:

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

No you can not buy any non Britax/ seat approved covers for any seat. I don't believe the Boulevard cover will fit the Advocate.

Honestly, if you like the Boulevard cover's better I'd just buy one of them. In my opinion the side pillows on the Adovcate are over kill. They don't add any safety to the child in the seat just people around the seat. They also make the seat really wide and doesn't fit well if you need other seats next to it.

andre149

Agreed with everything Kobain's Mommy said. The whole premise of the side curtains on the Advocate are for the people around the seat, but with them it is very hard for people to fit around the seat, it's kind of a catch 22. Personally, If I like the cover on the Boulevard better I would just buy a Boulevard. Chances are if you ever need to get it in a tight back seat situation it will fit better anyways. (vs. the added bonus of the side curtains).

ETA: The main concern with a custom cover isn't actually the warranty voiding, but the fact that it has not been tested with the seat and you have no idea how it will act in a crash. Maybe it will work and your child will stay safe, maybe it won't... and it's just too much of a gamble to take.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought the premise of the air cushions IS to provide more protection for the occupant by absorbing more crash forces.

Now, we really have mo way of knowing whether that's a marketing ploy or whether it really does provide a benefit (and if so, how much), but I none of us has the information to determine that they provide no benefit to the child in the seat.

But no, aftermarket covers are typically not a good idea.

hrice

I thought the premise of the air cushions IS to provide more protection for the occupant by absorbing more crash forces.

Now, we really have mo way of knowing whether that's a marketing ploy or whether it really does provide a benefit (and if so, how much), but I none of us has the information to determine that they provide no benefit to the child in the seat.
QUOTE]

This.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC