Fit check in (original) Parkway please

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Jan169.jpg

Does it look ok?

ADS

StPaulMom

It's hard to tell with the sweatshirt...It looks like the lap belt may be riding a bit too high, but again, it may just be the angle of the pic or that the sweatshirt is pushing it up? It also looks like she (she, right??) may be slouching a bit. What does it look like with the head rest up to the next notch?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yes, she ;) She was all the way back in the pic, but she did keep sliding forward while sitting in it. It seems like there is very little leg support--how do bigger kids sit comfortably in it? :confused: She's 5.5, 44" and 37 lbs!

StPaulMom

Is there a way to put some foam blocks or something at her feet to create a foot rest so she doesnt slouch and slide forward? That might help a lot.

icnee

I agree with the PP's.

really just wanted to say that she is so cute.:)

Last edited:

luckyclov

She looks a little slouch-y...?

The Granite old style PW was my DS's first booster. He was 5-years old and nearly 50 lbs. He hated those massive headwings and would always peek forward and around, which, in turn, would cause poor body positioning. I could never get the headwings at a comfortable point and still have adequate seatbelt positioning. The leg support (or lack thereof) never really bothered him much, but he's mostly torso anyways.

katiesmommy

Oh my gosh, when did her hair get so dark! I agree, she looks slouchy, I'll have to see how Katy fits in ours.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah her hair gets really dark in the winter and then back to blonde in the summer.

The seats slope back a bit so there is a natural recline, so I think that facilitates slouchiness.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ok here was one click up...

Jan168.jpg

It's in the middle right now; I had wanted it there but was afraid she'd unbuckle the Radian inadvertently. Sure enough, when she went to unbuckle, "oops I unbuckled Scarlett's seat!" I tried a LATCH install with the Radian and managed to get it more upright than with the seatbelt :eek: :love: And Mali can just barely squeeze her hand in there to buckle and unbuckle. I think I'll tape the female buckle stalk to the side of the PW to make it easier.

I will definitely be arranging some sort of foot prop--besides the slouch factor, she's putting her snowy boots all over my console!

Overall I love this booster. I love the SIP! No need to worry about head slump when she's sleeping in this!!

Kat_Momof3

Yes, she ;) She was all the way back in the pic, but she did keep sliding forward while sitting in it. It seems like there is very little leg support--how do bigger kids sit comfortably in it? :confused: She's 5.5, 44" and 37 lbs!

it doesn't have a lot of leg support... and... they don't.

The only seat it worked for until he outgrew it completely was Damian (my oldest) who at the time was SO skinny... fortunately, as he filled out, he shot up.

Jeffrey couldn't stay in it... aside from the fact he started to spill out of it, it no longer would fit in my third row (and his brother at the time had already outgrown a backless booster in my third row, yet couldn't pass the 5 step test back there, so you know how well THAT went)

He actually got more time in the FPSV booster than the Parkway because of the design of the seat and how narrow it got in the back... but still, a great seat for skinny minnies and small booster riders.

I'd lower the headrest back down...

And as for the slouching, what looks to me is happening is that her thighs are shorter than her shins... and her knees aren't QUITE at the edge of her booster yet (I know, rare in this seat)... henceforth, the killing of your console.

I'd have her kick off her boots and try letting her sit criss cross applesauce or (what Ruthie did when she had no idea what to do with her legs in the Vivo at first, even though her knees JUST bent at the edge) to place her (again, boot free) heels on the VEHICLE seat in front of the edge of the booster, bending her knees... Ruthie loved to sit like that... now her legs are too long for it, but she also doesn't have that "what do I do with them" issue and just lets them hang.

fyrfightermomma

This is why I can't figure out lap belts

I posted pics of E in the probooster. The lapbelt was much lower than the OPs. Everyone said while it was "acceptable", it was higher than they liked and many suggested trying another position

This looks much higher than Es but everyone says its fine

I really dont get where its supposed to be lol

This is why I dont get lapbelt positioning on boosters lol

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, I agree with Kat and I'd lower the headrest back down if it's in the middle of the back seat.

christineka

I posted pics of E in the probooster. The lapbelt was much lower than the OPs. Everyone said while it was "acceptable", it was higher than they liked and many suggested trying another position

I think it depends on the day and who responds first. I get all kinds of conflicting info, so I try to trust my own judgement more.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'd lower the headrest back down...

And as for the slouching, what looks to me is happening is that her thighs are shorter than her shins... and her knees aren't QUITE at the edge of her booster yet (I know, rare in this seat)... henceforth, the killing of your console.

I'd have her kick off her boots and try letting her sit criss cross applesauce or (what Ruthie did when she had no idea what to do with her legs in the Vivo at first, even though her knees JUST bent at the edge) to place her (again, boot free) heels on the VEHICLE seat in front of the edge of the booster, bending her knees... Ruthie loved to sit like that... now her legs are too long for it, but she also doesn't have that "what do I do with them" issue and just lets them hang.

Thanks, I moved it back down after I took the picture as it seemed too high and I had visions of her head getting stuck in the headwings :whistle:

I know, it's super confusing! Hence why I had to ask here, because boosters are like this mysterious gray area to me.

I would consider this super awesome belt fit since it's so low it's nearly lying flat on the tops of her thighs.
june009.jpg

june010.jpg

Yeah, I agree with Kat and I'd lower the headrest back down if it's in the middle of the back seat.

Thanks. :thumbsup: My belt geometry is a little more friendly in the middle anyway, since it comes out of the seat instead of the wall of the vehicle.

luckyclov

I would knock the headrest back down. She looks awkward with it raised, and if she's uncomfortable, she's more likely lose body awareness and not stay positioned properly. That was always the case when my DS was in the old style PW. The belt looks great on her in the TB. I *never* get a lapbelt fit like that in any boosters we've had or tried, with either of my big kids. We're off the soft ab, sure, but just ONCE I'd like to have that glorious LAP position.:mad:

Kat_Momof3

but hey, raising the headrest is always worth a try... she was probably just so happy and proud she had her shoulders raised, making some think the belt guide needed to be higher.

Off to find the thread with pics of E in the probooster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC