Graco Nautilus for $125..should I get it?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I got a rain check today for the Graco Nautilus (in Garrison) from Target. I love the Nautilus. During my CPST class, I installed one in my car and it installed beautifully. I really love the seat. I don't have any children, but I babysit all different ages of children. Since my course, I have decided to use best practice when driving the kids I watch, as opposed to what their parents do. (RF as long as they fit in the seat, harness until can sit properly, etc.) I have a Safety 1st CA that I have mainly for emergency use.

When I saw the Nautilus on sale, I thought it would be smart to snatch one up for babysitting and emergencies. This whole week I've gone back and forth about it. Do you think I should grab it?? Or leave it??

ADS

msg221

I guess you haven't learned that this board has lots of car seat crazy people (and I mean that in the nicest way possible since I consider myself a member of that group!) and people here will just enable you!! For that price, I would. I've thought about getting one myself! It's a great price.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The CA has been used a few times since I got it in September. I would use the Nautilus for FF older kids who can't RF in the CA and for boostered kiddos if the fit is okay.

Most families I babysit for have 2+ kids, so it would be ideal to have a convertible and a high weight harness and booster.

I'm so torn. I :love: the seat. I want it, but at the same time I don't. :confused:

Kayleen

Its a great price. Even the basic first color covers don't go cheaper than $138 at walmart usually. This seat is normally $150+ so that is a great deal. As long as you think you will use it and not just have it sitting "wasting" away.

Kat_Momof3

I say get it... it could literally fit almost any child in your care that can't rearface in the CA... whether in the harness, or as a booster... I think it's a great "don't know what kid will use it" seat for someone who will always install/fit it to the child using it properly like you.

Plus, you could always use it as an example if you're at a check and people are asking you what to go run and buy when they need a bigger harnessed seat for their 40lb 2yr old!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC