Can't make up my mind about turbo...

Polola0628

Blah! So I want to snag a $35 Turbo (my Target still has them in stock :cool:) in case we unexpectedly need to drive anyone anywhere (and because my daughter will be outgrowing her RN in about 2 years. I know it. She's on the second to top slots, just turned 3, and hasn't had a growth spurt in a LONG time). I'm torn between the Jenna and the Crawford. I *love* the Jenna cover. I hate the Crawford cover. However, I don't know if a boy would feel comfortable sitting in a flowery seat, kwim? But I want the pretty one :p Gah! WWYD?

And then, I'm slightly contemplating getting the Scenera instead. I don't know why. Maybe because the thought of me buying a booster is a bit overwhelming seeing that both of my kids are too young and small for one :p. One of my friends has her 16mo FFing in a comfortsport that is possibly broken and very, very misused. I'm probably going to go see her sometime soon to look her seats and install over. If I just *happened* to have a Scenera on hand, I could trade it for her comfortsport :whistle:

If we drive kids around, they'll likely be the 4-8yo crowd, and they don't have seats of their own to be sent along with (sad, I know). The younger ones usually have car seats that are sent along, and I already have a spare Scenera that I use for my nephew 2x/wk.

Goodness, I don't know. What should I do? :confused:

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

One of each!

I bought a turbo at the clearance last year. It spent 9 months in storage, looking pretty at the top of the closet before it got use. But now it gets used weekly. I seem to always have someone that needs it. DD2 has been good about sharing the precious rainbow cover as well (the reason we bought it, she'd been eye-balling "girls rock" for some time.)
With the standard 4 to 8 crowd we drive the scenera would have been useless, too little.
Oh, and look around and ask a Target employee if there are any les popular stores around. I got my TB for $22 when they were still $35 every where else.

Kayleen

Definitely buy the scenera to replace the comfortsport. Make sure you find a 40# rearfacing one (Target not Walmart-Mine doesn't have 40#RF Sceneras). The immediate safety of a child is at stake.

Unless you have an immediate need for the booster, not worth it at this time. There will be more sales and more covers in the next couple years.

Kat_Momof3

no point in a turbo at this point... you have time... if you need an emergency seat, a better choice would be the Evenflo Maestro (18" top slots and under 100 dollars)

Definitely get a Scenera for the baby... see if you can get her turned around (if she doesn't meet the 1yr, 22lb, 34" minimum for ff, that will help)

Now a booster to have for the odd friend traveling, sure, buy a turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC