Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know...

You know...

You know you have a car seat addiction when you have one baby, own 3 infant buckets, am giving a bucket away just because you DH is on your case about owning said 3 buckets... Yet when you are at Target and see the OnBoard35 for $50 you walk by it 4 times, put it in your cart and push it around for half hour. Talk your self out of the bucket, but you put a $35 TurboBooster in your cart and walk up front to pay. Then when you get home you are still thinking about that darn bucket.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: You know...

I walked by that same bucket twice tonight. Thankfully I was with my GF and she would have kicked my butt! LOL

Oh, but that was hypothetical LOL! I did need the HBB though. DH and I have been talking about it for awhile to get one just in case we take one of our Godkids someplace. It'll expire before LO would be near needing one (hopefully) but am figuring I'll have a spare cover since it would be about $35 to get a new cover if needed.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Or you have 14 seats (something like five or six are valid and usable seats), one kid, and two cars.

Not that that would ever have been me.

I miss my attic. Sigh.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Wendy, LOL you are right up my ally and I'm headed your way! We have right now 4 convertibles that are use-able, 3 buckets with 6 bases, a new in box Regent(I forgot I had till my mom asked me about it today), now HBB, and two seats that are expired (plan on trading them in though).

or when you read this post at 6 am and think, oh i need to go to target and see if they have those at mine! and you don't have an infant and aren't going to have another infant till grand babies in like 20 years.. LOL
    Susan CPST, Busy Homeschooling Mom to
    Elizabeth-15, Hailey-12, Sammy-10, Caroline-6

...or when you have been to Target to stalk the Baby Trend bucket everyday this week to see if the price went down any. Last night it was gone now they only have pack-n-plays and strollers.
    Susan, Momma to my squishy and Daycare Provider,CPST
    M 12/06,J 3/05,K 6/08,A 7/11,B 9/05

Or when DH won't let you buy a Graco Safeseat (I compromised I won't buy new seats until they outgrow their Radians RF and then I can buy MTs) so you are thinking that it will be a great seat for your niece when she needs a convertible. She's 5 days old
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

I was >< this close to buying the 50 OB35. My baby factory is closed and I do not know anyone who needs it. I actually contemplated trying my 22# 18 month old in it. Crazy.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by susanx4 View Post
    or when you read this post at 6 am and think, oh i need to go to target and see if they have those at mine! and you don't have an infant and aren't going to have another infant till grand babies in like 20 years.. LOL
    I do this too. "I should go to {wherever} and check that out!" Nevermind that my youngest is 8yo and I'm done with harnessed seats and don't know anyone that needs one.

Senior Community Member CrabbyBunchX3's Avatar

Lets see...

When you go to target and your 3yo asks to go try the seats...again because you just can't NOT go down that aisle looking for deals.

You have 3 infant seats(snug ride 20's and 1 22), 4 convertible seats(intera, uptown, scenera, myride), GN, Regent, and Monterey and only use 4 of those seats on a regular basis.

ETA thank you for making me want to run to target now lol I just looked at their ad and saw TB's on sale for $35. Only problem...DH has the van at work and I have no car today
    Mama to 3 great kids
    DD1 [2004] 47lbs, SK Monterey
    DS [2005] 40.9lbs, FF Cougar Regent
    DD2 [2007] 40.7lbs, FF Graco Nautilus
    Wishing someone would pass the water

CPS Technician

I had a hard time passing up a Graco Travel system with the new SR30 for $119. I did though, I don't know anyone who needs it (I sure don't!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

Senior Community Member momtoo3's Avatar

I am the same way. We have way too many seats and still buying more. I am addicted. There I said it. I have 2 EFTAs, CA, MR, Graco CarGo, GN, Compass B540, ProBooster, PWSG, PWSGL, TB, and 4 NBB.
    For emtb79: I don't know if it is the same Baby Trend bucket but Meijer has one with the stroller on clearance for $89. Meijer also had a EFTA for $83.99.

Stephanie, mom to Austin 17 yrs, 135 lbs, 67 in, seat belt
    Tyler 12 yrs, 95 llbs, 60 in, seat belt

Dominick 8.5 yrs, 52 lbs, 50 in, in a Performance Booster, Amp and HiRise
    And Emily, 8-9-14, 2.5 yrs 30 lbs, 35 in, ERF in a CA65, Grow & Go and MA70

Quote Originally Posted by momtoo3 View Post
    I am the same way. We have way too many seats and still buying more. I am addicted. There I said it. I have 2 EFTAs, CA, MR, Graco CarGo, GN, Compass B540, ProBooster, PWSG, PWSGL, TB, and 4 NBB.
    For emtb79: I don't know if it is the same Baby Trend bucket but Meijer has one with the stroller on clearance for $89. Meijer also had a EFTA for $83.99.
    Unfortunately we dont have a Meijer around here. Thanks to you lovely people I have never wanted a Baby trend or a My ride but they seem to be growing on me. I have no kids yet but I am so addicted to car seats. I think I run a daycare some days just to be able to go to look at toys and baby gear. But its a great addiction.
    Susan, Momma to my squishy and Daycare Provider,CPST
    M 12/06,J 3/05,K 6/08,A 7/11,B 9/05

Wish we had Meijer the EFTA has grown on me and i want one.... lol
    Susan CPST, Busy Homeschooling Mom to
    Elizabeth-15, Hailey-12, Sammy-10, Caroline-6

Austin starts crying and saying "No, no, no" when I turn my cart on the carseat aisle. I've been staying out of Target this week to avoid the temptation of an unneeded, but wanted seat. Our Meijer had a scenera for $20 a couple weeks ago, yep dh made me leave it.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

I've collected dolls for year, and have had my fare share of car seats for them LOL. I gave my friend a SS1 because DH wanted it out of the house. She was sooo mad when their cat peed on it. I've LOVED carseats for awhile now. Strollers as well.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Kobain's Mommy View Post
    You know you have a car seat addiction when you have one baby, own 3 infant buckets, am giving a bucket away just because you DH is on your case about owning said 3 buckets... Yet when you are at Target and see the OnBoard35 for $50 you walk by it 4 times, put it in your cart and push it around for half hour. Talk your self out of the bucket, but you put a $35 TurboBooster in your cart and walk up front to pay. Then when you get home you are still thinking about that darn bucket.
    Are you sure you aren't just getting ready for having triplets? Maybe it's a sign

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan06twinmom View Post
    Are you sure you aren't just getting ready for having triplets? Maybe it's a sign
    That's not even funny! We are doing fertility stuff again and you are the 4th person to say that to us. We have the two twinner SS1s because I was pregnant with twins after DH got back from Iraq, but I lost them. Then we actually found out when LO was about 25ish weeks he had a twin, but I kept getting told was a cyst.