Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    tobemomof3

3 across 2nd row of 2008 Mercedes GL450?

Hoping you know if it's possible to fit 3 seats across the 2nd row of a 2008 Mercedes GL450? I have an almost 4 year old (Britax Advocate CS; 36 lbs) and an almost 2 year old (Britax Marathon; 31 lbs) and a Graco Snugride for a soon to arrive infant. I'd love to fit everybody in the 2nd row but am struggling with a configuration that works. I'd rather buy new seats vs. a new car so am open to whatever suggestion you have - and just want to ensure the girls are safe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: 3 across 2nd row of 2008 Mercedes GL450?

I'd probably buy a combination for your 4 yr old and pass down the advocate to the 2 yr old or baby for later on. A graco nautilus should work fine.
    I know a member on here has done a frontier, radian and snug ride. I probably wouldn't look into buying a different infant seat since you won't be using it as long as the others.

Do you have a babies r us nearby? If so, try out the nautilus next to the marathon and snug ride. I'm assuming your 2 yr old is still rear facing. Then you'll only need to buy 1 new car seat. Not bad!

Worse case scenario you'll have to get 3 new seats which is better than a new car! If the nautili and marathon don't work, then I know it will work with a RF radian for your 2 yr old
    Hayley--CPST, Graduate Medical Student, and Nanny to many.
    Everyone rides RF until 5 in my 2007 Volvo XC90! (Also own 1987 Volvo 240GL)