Question Rear facing convertible for Audi A4

purpletulip

I'd like to have our 17 month old rear facing, but our Britax Marathon doesn't fit rear facing in our small backseat. My husband and I are both tall (him: 6'3 me: 5'7"). We're willing to buy another car seat but not another car right now and I want to find a seat that will fit well in our back seat.

Does anyone know of a car seat that will definitely fit rear facing in the back of an A4 with taller people in the front? I don't know what other cars are comparable in size.

Thanks!

ADS

HayleyCPST

Have you tried it in the center with a seat bet installation? It should work. Tell me how you are installing it and then I can assist you further.

Good job keeping your baby Rf past a year!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Marathon will fit. Do you have it so the line on the side is level? If so, put it more upright. We have an A4 (2004 wagon) and we had a Britax Wizard (same size and shape as the Marathon) in there for years. My husband is 5'10" and never had an issue with her in the car.

Here's Piper at two years old rear facing in her Wizard in the Audi. You can see where the front seats are. The driver's side was set up for me (5'1").

2089253979_200c881c8c.jpg

A few years later, now the Wizard is in the middle and you can see the driver's headrest.

2188894636_eaaefceef8.jpg

And again. This was set up for my husband to drive.

2188892604_e06f54436e.jpg

Wendy

purpletulip

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I keep checking and didn't see my post and I finally found it :)

We initially tried it RF in the middle and I couldn't get the passenger seat reclined enough.

We'll try again, and try it outboard as well. I want to make an appointment with a technician anyway to make sure it's in there perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help! I was worried we'd have to buy another car seat.

U

Unregistered

Wendy- What about a Triumph Advance 65 in an A4? Is it comparable to the Britax in size/fit?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC