Did you Know? Car-Seat.Org 10th Anniversary Factoids

ADS

twinsmom

So cool, thanks!

Whatever forum you'll be running in 25 years, it will be in addition to this one, right? :whistle:

ETA: after all, we will all need to help eachother decide what seats to get for the grandkids... ones that attach to those mobility scooters. :p

:thumbsup::D

And Jools - do you get a prize or something?:p

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
skaterbabscpst said:
I refuse to think about that because I may incriminate myself. :p lol

I think web were all up there before the cut...lol

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
skaterbabscpst said:
I won't argue that point. ;) lol

I am not sure either of us could...lol hopefully I am able to stay on here. Took a year off other than popping in here and there.

skaterbabs

I am not sure either of us could...lol hopefully I am able to stay on here. Took a year off other than popping in here and there.

Can you imagine how bad mine would have been if I hadn't be offline for six months?!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Today is a record day- we have reached nearly 1800 visitors in any 60 minute period, over 700 in a 15 minute period and nearly 500 concurrently at peak times. The forum now has 11,000 members, of which 1800 have been active within the last month. Our database of posts has just exceeded 1.2 million.

Where is all this traffic from? Stay tuned!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
This is kinda like the Cubs winning the World Series. Really exciting and cool, but where do you go from here?

:p

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Ever wonder where Car-Seat.Org happens?

Here are a few photos of the server (or a similar one) at our provider, iMountain Hosting. It's an energy efficient blade server with 2 processors having up to 8 cores per blade, with 8GB of RAM and dual 16 gigabit ethernet ports.

The SQL cluster details are

Supermicro VX50
8 Physical CPU's x 6 Core
48 CPU Core multiple server cluster
96 Gigabytes of RAM
8x 120GB Sandforce SSD
3Ware 9650sx 8 port Hardware RAID

Our new server will be even more impressive, but the move has been delayed due to a technical snafu.

gr0t3cgh4k4eiqpdkbb1.jpg

0g73cljxppld7e1p7vnt.png

And here is an updated video tour of my secret Car-Seat.Org Admin lair!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ByWDOIJMGE"]YouTube - Tour.MOV[/ame]

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Amazing how we can all fit in that little box.

ETA: maybe it's just my phone, but YouTube says the video link is "malformed."

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
There's a similar video from the blog from a couple years ago. Not much has changed!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Factoid #3:

In January, we had 211,000 unique visitors who viewed 7 million pages. The peak day was January 17th, where 14,978 unique people visited. That day also set the record for unique visitors within a 1 hour period of 1,346 visiting around noon central time, one of the peak times of the day on a Monday, one of the peak days of the week.

The new peak day is March 21st, when we had 1788 users in a one hour period around 3pm central time. Tuesday is typically the second busiest day after Monday and 3pm is around the other peak time during the day. March 21st had over 20,000 visitors and also set records in page views (343,000) and data transfer (7.4 GB). There were almost 900 members who visited that day, with nearly 2000 new posts in over 200 new threads, easily records for all. March had over 220,000 unique visitors who viewed 7.6 million pages, also a record for a month!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC