Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

MT foot prop help please

So I was able to get it installed more reclined and DD2 is much more comfy now,. When I first did it the FP was in the green and seemed pretty stable. BUt then when getting in my DS noticed it was red

I tried to tighten the tethers more didnt work I tried loosening them that worked for the prop but then the tethers were too loose. is there any thing els I can try or should I just do adifferent seating position. If I can I would really like like to keep her whe she is third ro passenger of and 05 grand caravan.

To move her I would have to switch her with one of the smaller ones and it would be hader for me (I have a very bad back)

The shell is touching the back of the second row bench seat.
    DD2 is 5y2mo and 42lbs 44" if that makes difference on opinions.

Any thaughts would be great TIA
    Isaiah 11yrs 5'4" 144# passes the 5 step test Cadence 8yrs 47# btb Naveah 6yrs 50# btb Emma 5yrs 41# RF diono 120 & booster Elijah 3YRS 38lbs RF diono 120
    Auto correct gone wild.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Adventuredad's Avatar

Re: MT foot prop help please

There are a few options which are normally used. Pushing down on back of car seat while tightening tether straps normally result in more angle and a green mark on support leg. One could also place a solid object under foot prop. Third option would be to place a small pool noodle under front of car seat to increase angle slightly.

Foot prop should always be used but since you are also leaning car seat against seat in front your installation should be rock solid even with no green mark on foot prop. Leaning against seat in front while using foot prop is highly recommended.
    Annika: 8 • Britax Adventure
    Daniel: 11 • Britax Adventure
    I will only post ONE comment in each thread. If you have further questions send a PM or email
    Imported child seats may not conform to applicable safety standards, laws or customs regulations in some countries.

4. Thank You from:

Re: MT foot prop help please

Right now the prop is down and seems to be touching but not enough to turn green is that ok since it is also leaning on (more like pressing ) on the seat in front it is already very reclined any more and it be like like what we use for a newborn.

If I was to put somthing under it wouldnt it move out of place in a crash? How would I make that work?

if nothing works to make it green is it ok to use it like it is ( I dont have a camera any more so i cant take pics )

I think maybe it is cause when I install it I fold the middle bench down and then when I put it back up I have to force it up ( I did hear it lock) caus ethe MT is there and then I think with that the FP turns red.
    Isaiah 11yrs 5'4" 144# passes the 5 step test Cadence 8yrs 47# btb Naveah 6yrs 50# btb Emma 5yrs 41# RF diono 120 & booster Elijah 3YRS 38lbs RF diono 120
    Auto correct gone wild.