MT foot prop help please

icnee

So I was able to get it installed more reclined and DD2 is much more comfy now,. When I first did it the FP was in the green and seemed pretty stable. BUt then when getting in my DS noticed it was red:eek:

I tried to tighten the tethers more didnt work I tried loosening them that worked for the prop but then the tethers were too loose. is there any thing els I can try or should I just do adifferent seating position. If I can I would really like like to keep her whe she is third ro passenger of and 05 grand caravan.

To move her I would have to switch her with one of the smaller ones and it would be hader for me (I have a very bad back)

The shell is touching the back of the second row bench seat.
DD2 is 5y2mo and 42lbs 44" if that makes difference on opinions.

Any thaughts would be great TIA

ADS

Adventuredad

There are a few options which are normally used. Pushing down on back of car seat while tightening tether straps normally result in more angle and a green mark on support leg. One could also place a solid object under foot prop. Third option would be to place a small pool noodle under front of car seat to increase angle slightly.

Foot prop should always be used but since you are also leaning car seat against seat in front your installation should be rock solid even with no green mark on foot prop. Leaning against seat in front while using foot prop is highly recommended.

icnee

Right now the prop is down and seems to be touching but not enough to turn green is that ok since it is also leaning on (more like pressing ) on the seat in front it is already very reclined any more and it be like like what we use for a newborn.

If I was to put somthing under it wouldnt it move out of place in a crash?:confused: How would I make that work?

if nothing works to make it green is it ok to use it like it is ( I dont have a camera any more so i cant take pics )

I think maybe it is cause when I install it I fold the middle bench down and then when I put it back up I have to force it up ( I did hear it lock) caus ethe MT is there and then I think with that the FP turns red.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC