ERF-ing, 2002 style

Keeanh

Was just going through some old photos. Here's my skinny 1.5 yo in his RF Century Ovation in an extended cab F-150. He's unbuckled because we're sitting there waiting for a ferry. Sorry, it's the best I've got. I don't think I have any pictures of him (or the older ones) strapped in RF-ing. Didn't seem picture-worthy at the time.

%236731_1.jpg

%236908_1.jpg

ETA: If Selina sees this, yep that's the BRU trade-in, LOL. I kept that sucker for 11 years. It was a movie chair the last 5 years because it took me that long to ditch the first seat I ever bought :p.

ADS

mommyfrog

ERF-ing 2001. 15 months old in Century Smart Move. She sat rf until she was 18 months and was finally over 20 pounds!! The clothes she is wearing were size 9m.
SavannahinCenturySmartMove15months.jpg

AtTheSouthDam

ERF-ing 2001. 15 months old in Century Smart Move. She sat rf until she was 18 months and was finally over 20 pounds!! The clothes she is wearing were size 9m.

One of the little boys I nannied stayed RF in that seat forever! For the same reason. He finally hit 20# a few months before he turned two. He was still RF in it when I stopped nannying, he was 2.5 :D Too bad I have no pictures though I have plenty of FF kiddos...

Kat_Momof3

It was 2004/05, but Ruthie has a page on CPSafety, too! (I never got to update it when she dropped weight and went back rfing in the MA, because she wasn't taking anymore photos or anything for that, but still... takes me back)

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Ruthanne.aspx

And the boys have pages in the Extended Harnessing Album and Damian is in the Booster Album (which reminds me I need to send in pics of Jeffrey if she's still taking kids in that one)

Keeanh

Neat pics! Thanks!

Funny thing was, I don't think I'd heard of "ERF-ing", or seen anything about it on the internet at that point. I didn't think I was doing anything out of the ordinary. He just wasn't 22lbs yet.

Century was *this* close to promoting ERF-ing. I remember researching seats in 99 and seeing the SmartMove. If only the literature / website had said "children are safer rear-facing, so now you can rear-face them longer"... But no, the message came across as, "Some fat babies are over 22lbs before their first birthday. They need this special expensive seat to get to 1yr old." Well, I had skinny babies so I was good with a 22lb seat. Sigh...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC