Post your recipes here.

JaRylan

Thought I would start a thread to see if anyone has anything new and exciting or cherished and delicious they would like to share.

Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole

1 1/2 lean ground beef or turkey

2 medium onions

1 clove garlic minced

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 small can (7.5oz or 221 ml) tomato sauce

1 cup water

1 can (10oz) condensed tomato soup

1/2 cup long grain rice

4 cups shredded or thinnly sliced cabbage

1/3 cup tomato juice or water

Sour Cream

In skillet combine beef, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook breaking up meat with a spoon until browned. Drain off excess fat. Return to heat and add tomato sauce, water and 1/2 can of tomato soup... mix well. Add rice and stir.Into slowcooker place 1/2 of meat mixture then half of the cabbage. Top with the remaining meat mixture and remaining cabbage.In a bowl combine remaining tomatoe soup with tomato juice or water, mix well. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-6 hours until bubbling and heated through. Serve with sour cream.1/4 of recipe= 6 points

ADS

scatterbunny

That sounds sooo good! :p I love cabbage ANYTHING. Nana's cabbage rolls are the best, but I have no patience for rolling cabbage rolls. :rolleyes: I bet this tastes similar to her rolls!

I might replace the tomato soup with something else tomato-ey, though...I can only find condensed soup loaded with preservatives and bad stuff. :(

MySillyKids

Someone posted crock pot pork chops in the last 'recipe' thread

WELLLL....

I tried them, and they were good tasting, but they came out like pork jerkey..

so the person posted them did you put them in there frozen?

Stacy's Crockpot Chops

porkchops
onion soup mix
can of chicken broth

Put everything in a crockpot in the morning on low and then eat for supper.

was the recipe.

arly1983

Baked Chicken n' Rice

(My funeral/shower/simple/potluck/sunday dinner)

1 whole chicken (thawed) 2-3 lbs

1 cup rice

1 cup milk

1 can cream of chicken

1 can cream of mushroom

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven 350. Season chicken and place in baking dish (corningware 2.5 quart, pincess house chicken roaster). Put lid on dish. Bake for 1 hour. Mix milk, rice, cream of chicken and mushroom and pour over and around chicken and stir into juices at the bottom of the dish. Bake covered for 45 mins or until rice is done. Pull entire chicken out of rice if eating at home so it is easier to cut. Be careful, it will be falling apart. Serve with creamy rice...

Makes a good presentation for a speacial occaision. Not very healthy but then it came from the south.

TheRealMacGyver

This is one of those recipes that sounds like it just can't be good, but turns out to be out of this world good. (since we started out with cabbage)

Cole Slaw Crisp

• 2 TBS Butter
  • 8 oz 3-color cole slaw mix
  • 3/4 cup cole slaw dressing
  • 1-1/4 cups cheddar-jack cheese (divided)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, cut butter into pieces and place in medium bowl. Set aside to soften.
  2. In large bowl combine slaw mix, dressing, 1 cup of cheese,salt, pepper. Mix well
  3. Spoon mixture evenly into 2-quart baking dish
  4. Stir bread crumbs with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and softened butter. mix with fingers.
  5. Sprinkle over cole slaw mixture
  6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes-serve warm

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Potatoes au Gratin

Boil 8-10 potatoes
Brown 2 links of farmer sausage (not breakfast sausage)

Slice potatoes and sausage and layer in a 9x13 pan.

In a sauce pan boil:
1.5cups of milk with 2tsp cornstarch
1cup cheese
1/3cup butter
Pour over potatoes and sausage, sprinkle with cheese and bake @375 for 30-45min.

I don't know the name of this, my MIL gave it to me titled
"Craig's favorite casserole"!
1lb ground beef; browned
2cups corn
1can cream of chicken
1can cream of mushroom
2cup macoroni noodles; boiled til tender

Mix all together, sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs and bake @350'F for 20min.

Quiche
1 pie shell
4 eggs
3/4cup half&half cream
1cup shredded cheese
Suggested fillings
-crabmeant, onion greens, fresh mushrooms Gruyere cheese
-ham, mushroom & swiss cheese
-broccoli & cheddar cheese
-ham & cheese
Mix eggs and cream, add cheese or your choice of fillings. Pour into crust. Bake @350'F for 25min or until centre is clean.

I also make Quiche in mini tart shells (usually at Christmas) and freeze them. They are great to serve to company, heat them up for lunches or heat them up for a quick breakfast!

Now for something sweet!
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
4-1oz chocolate squares
3/4cup butter
1.5cup sugar
3 eggs
1 TBSP milk
1cup flour
Cream cheese filling:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/4cup sugar
1 egg
2 TBSP flour
Heat chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and milk until well blended. Stir in flour. Spread half of the dough in a greased 9" pan.
Cream cheese filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg add flour with mixer until well blended. Add the filling to dough in pan, spread remaining dough over top. Swirl with knife. Bake @ 350'F for 40min.

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1cup butter
1pkg chocolate chips
3/4cup sugar
3/4cup brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs

In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl combine buter, sugars and vanillia. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. stir in chocolate chips. Bake @375'F for 9-11min.

Hip Huggers
1cup flour
1/2tsp baking soda
3/4cup butter
1cup oatmeal
3/4cup brown sugar
1tsp salt
Mix together. Pat 3/4 of mixture into a 9x13 pan. Bake @350 for 15min.
Melt: 42 caramels
1/2cup whipping cream or evaporated milk
Pour over crust. sprinkle with 1cup chocolate chips and remaining crumbs. Bake 10 more minutes.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Lovinwaves this is for you!
Easy Banana Muffins:
3 large bananas, well mashed
1 egg
1/3cup butter, melted
3/4cup sugar
1.5cups flour
1/4cup wheat germ
1/2tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1cup chocolate chips
Muffin Topping:
1 TBSP butter; melted
2 TBSP flour
1/8tsp cinnamon
1/3cup brown sugar
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl; put into well greased muffin tins, sprinkle with muffin topping. Bake @ 375'F for 15-20min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean

JaRylan

Someone posted crock pot pork chops in the last 'recipe' thread

WELLLL....

I tried them, and they were good tasting, but they came out like pork jerkey..

so the person posted them did you put them in there frozen?

Stacy's Crockpot Chops

porkchops
onion soup mix
can of chicken broth

Put everything in a crockpot in the morning on low and then eat for supper.

was the recipe.

It was me. I think I usually put them in frozen.

scatterbunny

Lovinwaves this is for you!
Easy Banana Muffins:
3 large bananas, well mashed
1 egg
1/3cup butter, melted
3/4cup sugar
1.5cups flour
1/4cup wheat germ
1/2tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1cup chocolate chips
Muffin Topping:
1 TBSP butter; melted
2 TBSP flour
1/8tsp cinnamon
1/3cup brown sugar
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl; put into well greased muffin tins, sprinkle with muffin topping. Bake @ 375'F for 15-20min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean

Great timing--I've got three overly ripe bananas sitting on the counter that need to be used!

Some awesome recipes posted so far. I'll try to contribute soon; I do LOVE cooking!

JaRylan

I will have to try that this next time. They were really good tho! :D

To me they look drier than they taste, kwim? The chops fall apart but the meat isn't juicy. The smell of them cooking is awesome.

I can't wait to try some of the other recipes.

TheRealMacGyver

***Warning: This stuff is addictive***

Grape Salad

• 3 lbs seedless grapes (red, green, or combination)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 - 1 cup light brown sugar (adjust to taste)

1. Wash and stem grapes and drain
  2. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, sour cream, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth
  3. Pour over grapes and mix until thoroughly combined
  4. In separate bowl mix nuts and brown sugar together (I use the full cup of brown sugar)
  5. Pour grape mixture into serving dish, sprinkle top with sugar and nut mixture. Chill and serve.

This makes a large amount, good for parties or just a hungry bunch of grape lovers! Enjoy

arly1983

***Warning: This stuff is addictive***

Grape Salad

• 3 lbs seedless grapes (red, green, or combination)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 - 1 cup light brown sugar (adjust to taste)

1. Wash and stem grapes and drain
  2. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, sour cream, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth
  3. Pour over grapes and mix until thoroughly combined
  4. In separate bowl mix nuts and brown sugar together (I use the full cup of brown sugar)
  5. Pour grape mixture into serving dish, sprinkle top with sugar and nut mixture. Chill and serve.

This makes a large amount, good for parties or just a hungry bunch of grape lovers! Enjoy

It is addictive and very delicious. That is a favorite around here. YUM

skaterbabs

healthy chicken nuggets

1 1/2 c cornmeal
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg
1 lb boneless, skinless white meat chicken, cut into apprx. 1" chunks

• Beat egg well
  • Coat chicken pieces with egg
  • In large platter, mix dry ingredients
  • Toss chicken in cornmeal mixture and coat thoroughly
  • Remove excess cornmeal from chicken
  • Lightly sprinkle large non-stick skillet (we use our electric griddle) with extra virgin olive oil and heat to 350*
  • Saute' chicken in skillet/on griddle until cooked through, about 5-8 minutes

It's a huge hit with the kids and tastes so much better than the commercial stuff.

TheRealMacGyver

Here's one for strawberry lovers. It may not add any nutritional value to the strawberries, but it sure is yummy.

Marshberry Cream Dip​

• 1-7 ounce jar of Fluff marshmallow cream
  • 1-8 ounce regular cream cheese
  • 3- baskets of fresh strawberries

1. Mix Fluff and cream cheese until fluffy
  2. Wash, cut off leaves, and cut strawberries in half.
  3. Either dip strawberries OR pour mixture over plated strawberry halves
  4. Enjoy

skaterbabs

Glad you liked it, Arly! It's great as a coating for pork chops, turkey/chicken breasts, whatever you would ordinarily want breaded. It's divine on fish too. You just change up the seasonings. We had it for dinner last night with dried parsley, sage & garlic powder. Yum!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC