CA Outgrown RF and FF?

sunnydayz

DS will be 4 in a couple months and is 42 inches and 40lbs. He was riding in a Complete Air RF and just hit the 40lb mark. I turned the CA ff and his shoulders are even with the highest slots. Is it possible that the CA is outgrown RF and FF at the same time? I think I must be missing something. I have the headrest extended up above the shell of the seat. It is as high as I can get it to go.

Is there a hidden trick I'm missing or are the harness slots on this seat lower than I envisioned?

Thank you! :)

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It's possible, but he has a very long torso! Where was the top of his head in relation to the top of the seat when he was RF? I'm just curious because I'm thinking my DD1 will outgrow the seat RF and FF at the same time heightwise (she's 37 lbs so still under the weight limit).

sunnydayz

It's possible, but he has a very long torso! Where was the top of his head in relation to the top of the seat when he was RF? I'm just curious because I'm thinking my DD1 will outgrow the seat RF and FF at the same time heightwise (she's 37 lbs so still under the weight limit).

I wasn't paying too much attention to where his head was as I knew he was going to hit the weight limit first. He was one click down from the highest setting when rear-facing. I believe he was above the seat shell but more than an inch from the top of the headrest.

It was installed in my mom's 2010 Prius. I got an awesome 30 degree upright install that allowed the passenger seat to move all the way back (the reason I choose this seat). When moving it forward facing, though, I found that the seat has more of a lean (not really recline) more like it's slouching down in the seat. I think this causes me to lose some harness height as well.

Totally bummed out. I bought this seat less than a year ago when ds outgrew his Blvd (33lb rear-face limit). I just didn't envision this possiblity. I am going to un-install it and make sure I there isn't a magic top setting I'm missing and try reinstalling it to take out some of the lean.

ntrenary

you might find one more setting after you take it out. I really have to pull on mine to get it to the very top setting. If the seat was installed when I was moving the head rest up I'm sure I'd have never known there was one more setting because it's so hard to get it to click in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC