Radian Headwing problem (XT vs XTSL)

sunnymw

Okay, I didn't think this was a big deal until I saw DS1 riding FF in the XT (dressed in XTSL clothes, I switched the covers).

XTSL is on the left
XT is on the right

img1295389111279.jpg

img1295389328934.jpg

See the difference? It's the difference between the headwings actually covering his head, and starting at his forehead :(

img1295388946691.jpg

ADS

mommyfrog

So did they redesign them or are the XT wings on upside down? Nvermind. I guess they redigned them because they really couldn't go the other way with how they are shaped!!

AtTheSouthDam

Oh, wow! They fixed the head wing issue FF! Sucks on the old one though. It's a huge part of the reason I traded my XT for an 80.

sunnymw

No it's the XT that has the higher headwings, not the XTSL... (I just switched the covers).

That's as low as they go for that strap slot b/c otherwise the styrofoam that comes down will cover the slots. The wings also curve up instead of down, whereas the XTSL wings slope downward.

I'll get both DOMs in the morning. :)

tracee877

It's funny you mention this. SK sent me a new headwing piece for my XT since the old one had cracked foam. When I replaced it and put the cover back on I thought it looked different. Then I put DS in it and realized it really was different. I'm wondering if they sent me the XTSL headwing.

ETA: My XT is in the house so I went and checked and sure enough it is the XTSL headwing. I really like it a lot better, it surrounds DS' whole head.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Hmmm.....I have one of both. I will have to check it out. They are both being used rfing right now. Interesting.

featherhead

I think the new headwings is quite a new thing. Not all XTSLs have them. I have a Canadian XTSL and it has the old wings.

Kat_Momof3

wow.. the one on the left is a VAST improvement.. I'd call SK and insist they send you one for the other seat (since pp stated it can be replaced)

MarathonMama

I have a Canadian XTSL and it has the old wings.

Me too! I have both an XT and an XTSL and they're both the old wings (although, I'm gonna double check now!). The new ones would have been the perfect solution for when my ODD was on the 4th slots and the headwings were up in space :whistle:

leighi123

My seats (10/09 and 11/09) both have the older style. I talked to SKJP about my 10/09 seat because the headwings kept riding up, and ds kept complaining about his upper back hurting, and now I think I figured out why. His shoulders are at a height where they press on the lower edge of the headwing, pushing it up every once in a while and also making it uncomfortable.

They sent me a new style headwing (I didnt know it was any different until I saw this thread and went to investigate)

Does anyone know how to take the headwing off and put the new one on? I havent done it yet because I dont want to mess it up!

Here is my old one (still attached, this is the 11/09 seat), with the new headwing above it.

100_0121.jpg

It looks like the new headwing will be a lot better for Levi sense he is so tiny (and short!), the headwings now still arent 'down' far enough the lowest they go, He is just at the 3rd slots I think.

love-pink

Those headwings do look alot better! It looks like they cut a notch so they dont cover the straps when they are on the highest slots too. :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
See the difference? It's the difference between the headwings actually covering his head, and starting at his forehead :(

I don't get it, are you UNhappy about the new design or the old design?:confused:
Given how much dramatic head movement there is in a crash, I don't really think it matters much if the wings are an inch higher or lower, so if you're bummed about either design, I wouldn't be, they will still do the job in a crash.

urchin_grey

Yeah I want to know when the switch was made too! I have an XTSL and I'm 99% sure I've got the old ones. Those lower ones would work WAY better for us. I just had to move Bram's harness up to the second-to-last slots so that meant I had to move the headrest up. But now its too high.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC