Starting to think about seats for the new baby...

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I know it's a little early, but of course I'm already starting to think what I want for new seats for the baby. I'd like to register for them since my in-laws like to buy "big ticket" items and we don't really need much for this LO. So let's play which seats would you buy!

Here is what I currently have available for use for DD:
MyRide65 (primary seat in my vehicle)
Triumph65 (currently in MILs vehicle, but being moved to DHs to continue RFing)
Classic Marathon (currently in DH's vehicle)
Decathlon (currently in Mom's vehicle)
Scenara 40

We will be playing musical seats soon and our set up will be this:
Vehicles & Seats:
'05 Hyundai Santa Fe (mine)-MR RFing center
'04 Hyundai Accent (DH)-Triumph RFing center
'04 Buick Century (my mom)-Marathon FFing center

Scenara is used as a back up and will be used for the child I am going to start babysitting next month.
I am planning to sell the Decathlon (only a 33lb RF limit) and considering selling the Marathon as well to fund at least one more 40lb RFing seat for my mother's vehicle because I am not thrilled with having DD FFing in it. Britax has a high resale in my area.

DD is 3 years next month, 35.5" tall, 13" torso, and just under 35lbs. She will be just under 3 1/2 when the baby is born and I hope to continue to rearface her to 40lbs. at least in my vehicle.

When the baby is born I will move DD outboard (assuming she's still RFing) and would like to put the baby in the center of the Santa Fe. We will also need a seat for DH's Accent. I highly doubt I will be a side by side in his vehicle so they will likely both be outboard. Any of the above seats could be used for the baby as well and a different one for DD if needed. My friend is selling her Radian XTSL for $200 so I'm considering buying that if I sell the Britax seats for enough which is highly likely.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
What do you mean you are STARTING to think of seats for the baby. I think I started thinking of seats about 10 seconds after I POAS.

I'm not a lot of help though. Other than knowing it's almost certain going to be a Coccoro in the Corolla, I have no idea what seats I would want.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
LOL Okay, okay. You caught me there! Of course one of the first things I started thinking of was buying new seats, but now it's time to put said thoughts into motion and actually make a decision so I can get them on our registry in a few weeks!

Oh & I forgot to mention that we plan to use a convertible from the beginning with this one. Having a bucket for DD was pretty much useless.

sunnymw

I love convertibles from the beginning!! If I didn't have to fit three across I'd do it--but I plan on buckling beforehand and then popping in the base to save my back, but keeping it in the car :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC