Hind sight is 20/20

mamakc

Is there any seat you WISH you had gotten, but never did?

As time goes on, I am realizing that I should have gotten the My Ride 65 when it first came out. DD was at the 33lb RF limit of her RA so I got her a nautilus a few months before the My Ride came out. I debated and debated getting it since I had JUST got her a new seat. I never got it. Several times I debated getting it and never did. I just sat her in one today because I'm thinking of getting it for DS and she still fits RF at 4 with room to grow. She just hit 40lbs (hovering between 39-40 mostly). I am so mad! If I had gotten it in the first place she would never have gone through switching back and forth w/ different seats. But no.. I was too nervous to buy a new seat w/ no reviews lol. And at the time people were saying it's too short to last to 4 anyway. I didn't know DD would be short! lol Anyway, rant over.

ADS

christineka

Yeah. I traded my radian for a nautilus because my ds hated the radian and loved the nautilus. That was great until I needed to fit two three acrosses. Then I sold the nautilus and got a radian. I really liked the cover on the old radian too. I also wish I had bought os parkways when they were on clearance. I was tempted, but didn't realize i *needed* them.

Stacy

Yup! When DD outgrew her bucket seat, I bought her two Roundabouts because I fell for the hype and thought she wasn't safe unless she was in a Britax :eek:.

Looking back, I wish I had bought any two of the following seats instead and saved myself some money (and she would still fit RF in these!):

EFTA
MR
Avenue
TF/TFP

babyherder

I found a blue vivo at a Big Lots in CT last fall. Brought it home to NY, tried it out in my car, determined it fit if it was every needed and then returned it. I wasn't babysitting then and it seemed silly to spend $65 on a seat that I didn't really need at that point. Then I bought an airplanes TB when it was on sale at Target a few months later. It got used for about 2 days until I realized it was incompatible with my car. So back to Big Lots to spend $65 on a vivo. Except this time I was home and Big Lots only had pink vivo lites. Not soft, and not gender neutral. Gahhh! I love the seat but I know someday the 5 and 6 yr old boys I put in it will rebel. I'm lucky they haven't yet. So now I spent $90 on two boosters. The one me and the kids like best (airplane TB) just won't work in my car and the one that does none of us really like.

Mom-of-Two

I got my MA in 2008 when my youngest was still in his infant seat, saw it at Target for clearance, I think it was like $132 if I recall- was super excited and I LOVED the seat RF, once I put him in it he stopped crying his head off in the car, and was quite the happy guy. I didn't know much about new ERF seats coming out, and didn't think much about the RF limit when I purchased the MA, was just thrilled by the price! So, with the 33 lb RF limit I was able to keep him RF till almost 3, but would have liked to keep him at least another 6 months- he is SHORT so he can still easily fit in the MA by height RF for a long long while- if that weight limit had been higher, I could have kept him RF indefinitely really. What is even more irritating is that I turned him around because he weighed just under 33 lb at that time, and he has not gained an oz since!

So, I would have gotten a seat more equipped for ERF, but am pleased that I ERF to nearly 3. I also am not crazy about the MA as a FF seat, and he is starting to complain that his boy parts hurt when in the seat- no growth adjustments on the buckle holes...grrr. And the lack of cup holder has been bugging me! :)

I would get a seat with a NON rethread harness!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I regret not snatching up a Fisher Price Stay in View infant seat (with the anti-rebound base, mirror built into the base, and the carrying strap instead of a plastic handle like other infant seats, swoon) back when they were still available or on closeout.

gigi

I would have bought a My Ride when they first came out too.

My son was just before 3 and 33-34 pounds and I wanted to keep him RF but didn't think the MR had enough room in it (he has a looooong torso and huge head and had about 1-2" of growth room). So I turned him FF at just 3 and 35 and ...guess what? Not only did he hate his BLVD FF (hurt his back and legs) but his torso has barely grown in 9 months even though he's grown about 3-4 inches! So I'm pretty sure I could still be squeaking out RF time if I took off his winter boots when in car (he'd probably be just at 1" and is 39 pounds and 3.75 y.o.).

The seat I really wish I had is the EFT65. I have an EFTA and my son LOVES it, but he was already about 37-38 pounds when the EFT65 came out and I couldn't justify spending $130 or so to re-RF him for 2 pounds at almost 3.5 (he doesn't gain weight slowly...he grows in massive spurts).

Ahhh, que sera sera.

Kat_Momof3

I wish I would have not gotten all excited about the Nautilus and bought one (fun and wonderful as they are)... I wish I would have just waited and saved up and gotten her a Frontier (original, as the 85 came out so long that I could not have waited that long)

Even though we both loved the Nauti, I would have loved to have her last longer harnessed in her main seat (not a lot, but at least to official age 6), and I could have given it to Jeffrey as a booster when she outgrew the harness, so he'd have not been sad at first about outgrowing the Monterey as he'd still get to be in a highback booster... and then she could have gotten it back when he 5-stepped.

vonfirmath

So, I would have gotten a seat more equipped for ERF, but am pleased that I ERF to nearly 3. I also am not crazy about the MA as a FF seat, and he is starting to complain that his boy parts hurt when in the seat- no growth adjustments on the buckle holes...grrr. And the lack of cup holder has been bugging me! :)

The no cupholder is why I moved my son to his Maestro in the main car (the one I drive) when he turned FF.

ginny4

i wish i had bought a radian. it would have been so useful for the occasional 3 across.

i would have loved to have a frontier as well. oh well. my harnessed car seat days are comign to a close. we are onto boosters. waiting for the perfect one for my littlest guy & then really i guess i'm finished buying seats for sure.

Chely7425

I wish I had KEPT my cco!! I bought one when I was pregnant but ended up returning it because my first 2 were so big I figured the 3rd would be too... obviously I was mistaken! I will most likely be buying one again here in the next few months...

emandbri

I wish I had gotten a nautilus sooner, it is great seat and I didn't buy one because the covers choices were so ugly. :whistle:

I totally regret buying the my ride. It didn't fit well in my van rear-facing but I wanted so bad to make it work so I could keep Elizabeth rear-facing! Now she is right at the top slots forward facing and she is only 4 1/2.

Raegansmom4

I wish I would have bit the bullet and bought dd2 a Radian 80 SL to keep her rear-facing longer, especially now that she's hung out at 40 lbs for almost 3 months now! (maybe I will still get it!)

StillThankful

Of course!

I regret NOT purchasing the Britax Baby Safe for $99 (nromally $330) and the extra infant base with the foot support for $7 (normally $190). But I wasn't pregnant and didn't see a need to get an infant base with the foot support & infant car seat. Lo and Behold, I got pregnant four months later.:p Here is the thread discussing the great Britax Babysafe Deal.

I also regret not purchasing EFTAs much sooner. DH loves them and finds them very easy to adjust and tighten--he loves the knobs. I would have skipped the much expensive & beloved Britaxes--well, maybe not--who can resist their cute covers:p:whistle:

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

I have mroe... I wish I had snatched up a FP SIV, I wish I'd known about and bought the FP or Nania seats that harnessed to 50-60lbs when they were on the market before putting the boys in boosters so early.

StillThankful

I have mroe... I wish I had snatched up a FP SIV, I wish I'd known about and bought the FP or Nania seats that harnessed to 50-60lbs when they were on the market before putting the boys in boosters so early.

Hey there:) I just noticed that we live near each other:thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

YEP!! It's too bad there aren't more of us (even though I no longer have harnessed seats)... so we could do a big meet-up

aeormsby

The only thing I sometimes think about is a RST vest would be kind of nice instead of our Safeguard Go. But at the time we were planning on using it in our 2nd vehicle so the Go made more sense for that. Other than that, I've been happy with what we've had compared with what was available at the time. (of course all of the 40lb RF seats came out 4 months after DD outgrew our 33lb Marathon and we had already upgraded to a Frontier).

ILoveMy3Boys

I too bought Roundabouts for my twins at about four months. In the end I guess it didn't really end up mattering a whole lot as I had to sell them to get Radians to get three across once my littlest was out of the bucket.

I also bought my youngest a Marathon when he outgrew the RA at 18 months because we found out that a Radian wouldn't install FF in the second row center of our Venture that we owned at the time. I wish we could have taken a step back and realized that we wouldn't have the van for that long and just bought him a Radian as well!

My biggest boys have been in their Radians for about 2 years and I am getting bored with them!

cpsaddict

I honestly have no regrets on the seats we have purchased. I love our Safeseat and will be using it for #2. I did have a Diplomat and while it did not last as long as other seats, I still loved it. Now, we have a classic MA and a MA70 and I love them both. I even like our backup Scenera.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC