I have the BEST husband EVER!!! - SmartSeat

BabyKaykes

Sean took DS to a dr appt this morning and then was going to take him to lunch. I got a text message about 20 minutes ago that said "How cool is this? It's a toddler seat with a base! and it turns into a booster. How does he look?" and the first pic was attached.

I was sooooo excited. I asked him to take it out of the base and turn it around with DS in it. It took him while to respond, so I finally called him. I spent maybe 10 min on the phone with him and the guy working in the baby gear dept :D and was able to get the next pics out of them. I asked if DS could cross his legs while RF, DH asked, then I heard a loud bang-apparently, he could, but without the seat installed, the weight was too much and he fell over backwards, lol!

In both pics, DS is using the upper most headrest position allowed for RF. In the second pic, the seat is in the upper most recline position, the last pic is the seat in the most reclined position.

For reference, DS is 5yrs 3mths, 41lbs, 43.5" tall, with a 13.8" torso.

Sean said he would go out for me and get one in a couple weeks if I want it, because "if it's a girl I really like this pattern". Then as we were hanging up, I heard him ask the sales guy, "is there a stroller for this?"

Last edited:
ADS

Cryssy Jane

I am amazed. You're son has a teeny torso. He's got more room than A did or so it looks like and A's only 16 months old. I agree it's a super cute pattern though.

pepsicola

I'm just amazed that your husband went out and played with car seats on his own. I have to drag my hubbie to BRU!

smackeen

Looks cool! It does look like it would take up a lot of room front to back though. And at 42.5 lbs (babiesrus.com), it would be a beast lugging around.

That seat weights more than my 5.5 yr old....lol

Mommy0608

That's so cool! Kudos to your DH! :love:

I agree though, that girl pattern is adorable.

Have to add that I'm uber jealous of your teeny torso kid! My 2yo has a longer torso than that, and my 4yo is outgrowing all harnessed seats by height except the Frontier 85. :rolleyes:

BabyKaykes

smackeen said:
Looks cool! It does look like it would take up a lot of room front to back though. And at 42.5 lbs (babiesrus.com), it would be a beast lugging around.

That seat weights more than my 5.5 yr old....lol

Check out Darren's thread on the seat. The seat is 33lb total, I believe, 23lb of seat (comparable to the GN), and the base is 10lb.

BabyKaykes

pepsicola said:
I'm just amazed that your husband went out and played with car seats on his own. I have to drag my hubbie to BRU!

He and DS had lunch in the same lot as BRU at In n Out, and he went in to BRU to get another box of wipes.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
what a guy!
i think my dh runs past the carseat asile when he goes to the store with out me

abigaylebelle

Your ds is so cute! He reminds me a lot of my 4 year old. He even has the tiny little torso. If they were car seat models the companies would sell tons of seats.
Also, your dh is awesome to go try out car seats of his own volition.

BabyKaykes

Honestly, I don't think he's ever been inside of a BRU. He said he was amazed that they could put all that baby stuff in one place.

livsmum

I'm looking forward to seeing this seat in store.

What I really want to know is, is it too reclined, when RF, even in the most upright position?

Mom2FiveGirls

Your DH is awesome! I'd pass out if my DH willingly let ME play with car seats while we are out and about. I don't know that I'd survive the shock if he actually went and played car seats without me! I LOVE that pattern too! I wish I had a reason to need one :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC