WooHoo I am on day 4 of quitting my diet coke.

remken

After reading the posts after I asked wich was worse diet or non diet pop.
I decided that Iwas going to give it up. The only bad thing was that my in-laws today bought me a 32 pk. from costco today being nice since they didn't know I decided to quit drinking the stuff. I did hide it though.

Also is corn syrup and hfcs the same thing? The spaghetti sauce I have here has corn syrup in it (wal-mart brand) and was wondering if they are the same.

Now a vent I just found out that frosted mini wheats has hfcs in them. I was looking at the ingredients for them after getting back from costco and was surprised to see it listed and here I was thinknin I was buying a somewhat healthy cereal for Remy to take to work with us and not one loaded with a bunch of sugar. The flavored oatmeal I got doesn't have it though unless its listed under something else.

ADS

southpawboston

congrats!

yes and no. corn syrup can be something else (a true syrup), less harmful than HFCS, but what's happening now is that more mfrs are using the names corn syrup and HFCS interchangeably, so you never know if the ingredient listed as "corn syrup" is really plain old fashioned corn syrup or HFCS. unfortunately it's because of a lack of regulation on how ingredients have to be labeled.

Yoshi

Good for you!

Plus, diet AND regular soda has phosphoric acid in it which leaches calcium out of your bones. They think that this generation of teenagers will have osteoporosis in their 30's as opposed to their 50's and 60's.....they drink absolutely no milk and chug soda all day long!

scatterbunny

Good for you! :D For CHEAP spaghetti sauce with no HFCS, the Hunt's brand, in the can, the Garlic and Herb flavor, has none. All the Ragu and Prego and standard brands had it, and so did other flavors of the Hunt's (that I found).

arly1983

A funny story about diet coke....

We kept my baby cousin one weekend. This was about 8 years ago and she was about 3-4. Her mom called and was like, could you PLEASE watch what you say around her, she picks up everything. My mom and my granny were at a loss, they couldn't think of what in the world she could be talking about. Turns out, they were talking about some ingredient in diet coke, that when it got hot, could cause memory loss... So Emily went back home and kept taking her mom's diet cokes and putting them in the freezer!!!! Took her mom a little while to figure it out, Emily kept crying "Diet coke is bad if its hot, I don't want mommy to forget me!"

JaRylan

We kept my baby cousin one weekend. This was about 8 years ago and she was about 3-4. Her mom called and was like, could you PLEASE watch what you say around her, she picks up everything. My mom and my granny were at a loss, they couldn't think of what in the world she could be talking about. Turns out, they were talking about some ingredient in diet coke, that when it got hot, could cause memory loss... So Emily went back home and kept taking her mom's diet cokes and putting them in the freezer!!!! Took her mom a little while to figure it out, Emily kept crying "Diet coke is bad if its hot, I don't want mommy to forget me!"

LOL, that is sweet.

remken

Good for you! :D For CHEAP spaghetti sauce with no HFCS, the Hunt's brand, in the can, the Garlic and Herb flavor, has none. All the Ragu and Prego and standard brands had it, and so did other flavors of the Hunt's (that I found).

Good I like that kind anyways, after I use these 2 last jars of the wal-mart brand up thats what I'll get.

remken

LOL Thats cute.

Loves2sing

That poor baby! All I can think of is she must have been so scared!
I also heard that a lot of Vets from the first war in Iraq, in the early 90's were learning that they had cancer years later. Turned out it was a result of diet soda, because it turns into a from of formaldihyde (spelling I know, sorry!) when left sitting out in the sun. I never did see it on the news or anything, so it could be an urban legend.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
congrats!

yes and no. corn syrup can be something else (a true syrup)

So how is it a "true syrup"? "True syrup" is something like maple syrup that comes out of the tree when you poke a hole in it. There's nothing "true" about any kind of syrup associated with corn. Seriously. You have to process the padooky out of corn to get any kind of syrup - very highly processed (but I know you know that). When was the last time you ate corn and thought how sticky that corn syrup is... :D

ETA: Oh, and congrats, Remken! I'm also about a week free of regular Coke - my only addiction...:eek: (well, besides the internet).

remken

ETA: Oh, and congrats, Remken! I'm also about a week free of regular Coke - my only addiction...:eek: (well, besides the internet).[/QUOTE]

Congrats on being coke free.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC