O- 2 years 11 months, 15.5 inch torso, 34lbs, 39.5 inches total
S1- 2 years 11 months, 15 inch torso, 46lbs, 38 inches total
W- 18 months, 15 inch torso, 32lbs, not sure on total height
A- 16 months, 15 inch torso, 30lbs, 34.5 inches total
S2- 15 months, 12 inch torso, 22lbs, not sure on total height

Seats available:
1 keyfit 30
1 CCO
1 rn xtsl (will only fit 3rd row center in van)
1 ca lx (50lb model)
1 ca 65 lx
2 FR 85

Would prefer to keep at least W, A, and S2 rf. O can ride rf or ff depending on which is easier. S1 rides ff since he's over weight limits for rf.

Van set up: (2006 mazda mpv)
Drivers seat ----------------- passengers seat
captain chair (non movable)--- captain chair (can slide to center)
bench (lap shoulder on outsides, lap only center)

TAs on captains chairs and one TA off center drivers side on the bench.

W and A can't sit next to each other, no one else has issues. Situation not needed until next week and it will only be one day.

I was thinking...
Driver ------------ passenger
S1 fr85 ------- W ca 65 lx (rf)
A ca lx-- O rn --- S2 CCO (all rf in 3rd row)

Last edited:
ADS

mommycat

If everybody fits in their respective seats and all the seats install well, that sounds good. I was going to suggest you move the 2nd row seat to center until I realized it is probably easier to load the RF 3rd row standing in the center of the van?

Cryssy Jane

I load rfers from the hatch back, however the radian only fits rf in the 3rd row center with the second captains chair pushed right. If it's pushed center I can't put a radian there and it won't fit outboard third row with the 2nd row pushed center, it hits the edge of the seat and lifts at the base.

I could do rf ca, rf cco, rf ca in the 3rd row and put O in the the other fr 85 in the other captains chair and push that to center, if that would work better. Grr I think I'm just going to have to go out and move things around to see what exactly fits.

mommycat

I would keep all the little ones RF if you can help it. If your original plan doesn't work out, another other option would be to use the KF if the smallest child still fits, I think.

Cryssy Jane

I would keep all the little ones RF if you can help it. If your original plan doesn't work out, another other option would be to use the KF if the smallest child still fits, I think.

O is the oldest, but yes I see your point. The keyfit doesn't really fit anywhere in the van. I can get it in baseless if I have to, but otherwise the seats don't pull forward enough for it to fit unless I put it behind the drivers seat with me driving.

Kat_Momof3

What I'd do is put the twins ff in the 2nd row... and all the babies rearfacing in the third row.

I'd slide the captains chairs together simply so you can buckle them both from one side of the car)

I'd do it this way...

Driver's seat --------------------Passenger seat
Frontier 85 - O/S1 Frontier 85 -S1/O

CA LX-W/A ---------CCO-S2 ------- CA LX -A/W

I wouldn't worry about using a Radian until the CCO has been outgrown.

mommycat

Is there an issue with using the Radian that I wasn't aware of? I would choose to RF the kids who can RF but it sounds like there may be more info that makes a diff in the choice - an almost 3yo would be ok FF if you prefer, though it wouldn't usually be my first choice with all the great RF seats you have.

Cryssy Jane

mommycat said:
Is there an issue with using the Radian that I wasn't aware of? I would choose to RF the kids who can RF but it sounds like there may be more info that makes a diff in the choice - an almost 3yo would be ok FF if you prefer, though it wouldn't usually be my first choice with all the great RF seats you have.

The only issue with the radian is that it only fits in one of five seating locations. Wendy can verify we tried to get it to work in another location but it takes up too much room front to back. It will only fit third row center with the captains chairs pushed all the way to the sides.

O and s1 are 11 days apart but o is tall and skinny and s1 is shorter and built like a tank, not chubby just solid.

O has almost outgrown the radian by height. He is ff in all his other cars. S1 is in a NBb in his cars ( yes I know but there's only so many times I can present mom with the information about how dangerous that is).

mommycat

Thanks for the background. :) It sound like you are already going beyond what even the parents choose. :thumbsup: If it's easier to get all the seats in then I wouldn't feel too bad putting both the ~3yo FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC