Carseat after Hip dysplasia treated

urchin_grey

Those xrays looks a lot like Bram's! His femoral head on both sides was like way up too high in his pelvis and the bone there was actually forming a cup around the femoral head to try to compensate. Did they have to cut any bone down? I see the plates in her thigh bones. They said they were going to have to do that with Bram but it turned out they didn't have to. He was very small when he had the surgery though. He was like 14mo and very teeny for his age (like 18lbs).

Anyway, if you could spring for the Radian (and it will fit/install well in your car), I'd probably go for that one. Here is a pic of my DS in his.

bramflora-1.jpg

As you can see, it has very little on the sides, so that gives lost of room to bend the knees, hang a leg (or both) off to the side, or whatever is most comfortable for her. Oh, and they don't all come with head wings, so you don't have to get those if she doesn't like them. :)

ADS

Eclipsepearl

Funny, I was thinking about this post in my exercise class.

I really can't sit in a cross-legged position. My right leg starts to lost feeling. If I pull my legs forward, it solves the problem. Also, sitting in a way that gets my hips above my pelvis does the trick. In Yoga, one of those small pillows means I can sit more comfortably.

Bending at my hips has never been a problem. Test your dd and her movements. Be aware that there is a difference between being able to do something and whether it hurts after a while. I can get into a cross-legged position no problem but after 5 minutes, I'm not a happy camper!

One of my hips is higher than the other. This was the case of my grandfather who limped all his life. They thought he had a foot problem and only as an adult, did a doctor mention "Well, we can't change his hips at this point" (hip replacements were not available when he died). My grandmother was confused. "Hips??"

This has been the case all my life. It's a small issue to deal with but maybe knowing what an adult with this has to do can help you get your dd in a more comfortable position.

I do have limited movement in my hips, especially on the right side. I just turned 47 (said it! had my kids late) and there is NO talk of ANY hip replacements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC