where should I put these?

mayamac

kids:
DD1 6yo, 44 pounds
dd2 4yo, 37 pounds

seats: 3 high back turboboosters, Britax Regent (expires in 2013?) Radian 65, Radian 80, Graco MyRide.

Cars:
2010 Sonata- main car for the 4yo or when both are together
1999 Honda Civic- now just back-up since DH just got a truck
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab- tons of space back here! will be the main car for picking up 6yo from school

where would you put everyone?

Also to note, dd2 is very interested in DD1's booster. I let her ride in it once since DD1 was not there. I don't think I will let her again. So maybe I should not have a turbobooster in my car (the Sonata) Here is how she did in the booster (I wasn't looking at her so I didn't know how bad the shoulder strap was at first): http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

ADS

Pixels

Just because I think it would look neat, if you don't want a booster in your car then I would put both Radians in your car.

Jan06twinmom

This might be a stupid question but are there top tethers in the Dodge Ram? I know that new cars must have the top tethers, but I don't know if the laws apply to trucks differently. I'm not sure how it works in a truck if the window is directly behind the back row.

This might be a deciding factor since the Regent requires the top tether and the Radian has low head excursion numbers.

Do your children have a preference for car seats? For example, does your 4yo prefer the Graco MyRide or the Radian? If so, I would put the favorite seat in the Sonata for the 4 yo.

Sonata:
6yo - Regent
4yo - Radian or MyRide (whichever preferred by child)
(We usually take our longer trips as a family in our main car and I like having the kids harnessed when I know they will be sleeping in the vehicle.)

Truck:
6yo - Booster
4yo - Radian

Civic:
6yo - Booster
4 yo - least preferred car seat

mayamac

Ah- I don't know which ones they prefer. I thought that was a good idea to find out. Since they are all out of the cars I lined up the RN, MR and Regent last night. This morning I told her to go downstairs and tell daddy which one to put in my car. Apparently he didn't want to install the Regent or the MR and told her that they were for babies. Great. She will never ride in those again!

DH had the truck delivered to my work yesterday- so we had all the cars together. We wanted to take the Regent out of the civic and put it in the truck, but I could not find the top tether and it looked really weird- barely touching the back of the seat. I put the recline bar into the crack of the seat, but maybe it should go up higher on the back of seat? Also could not get the head rest off, but I think it is supposed to be able to come off. took the regent out and gave DH the Radian that was in my car. We currently have 1 radian installed in sonata and truck.

I'll have to research this new truck. I see on here that someone did a 3 across with a regent and 2 other britaxes in this truck, so I see it can be done.

I think what will end up with is 2 Radians in my car- this way they can pull down the cup holder thing and dd2 won't be tempted to want the booster (though- do you think she is close to being ready? see video), Regent and booster in truck and maybe just put the MR and the other booster in basement.

thanks for helping me talk this out :)

Kat_Momof3

Cars:
2010 Sonata- main car for the 4yo or when both are together - Radians
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab- tons of space back here! Regent and Myride (since it really does have tons of space)
1999 Honda Civic - 2 turboboosters.

When your DD1 outgrows the Radian, or you just plain want to switch her to a booster, you can take out the Radian/Regent (leaving the seat she prefers still in use in the main car) and put in another turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC