Prosport thoughts- photos will come

christineka

My prosport came. I've already played with it. It's a nice seat for small kids to be harnessed, then boostered. Recaro must have been out of their mind when they decided to make the harness good to 90 pounds. It is absolutely certain they never tried an 89 pound kid in the seat.

First off, according to my measurements that top harness position is just a bit taller than 17 inches- certainly not 18. Perhaps 17.5 inches. The booster belt guide goes to 19 inches.

I slackened the harness all the way and didn't think there was much. Up first was dd2 who weighs 64 pounds and has a torso of who knows? 17.5 inches or so? She barely fit in the harness. I had to buckle one side. There was no slack whatsoever. If her belly was just a bit bigger she would not fit in the harness. Her shoulders were just at the top harness position.

Ds1 weighs around 55 pounds and has a 16.5 or so inch torso. He had a little slack- about 2.5 inches of tail.

As a booster, the seat fits the kids beautifully with the lap-belt low on the thighs. I like the shoulder belt enclosure so it is unlikely to pop out. (As it does on all of our other boosters.) But, if you think the vivo is difficult to thread the lap-belt, the prosport is worse. The lap belt guides almost enclose the belt, so there's some threading to do.

The headrest adjusts like those of the dorel 3 in 1 with that bar that you raise up and down. This means no easy booster hight adjustments, so not a booster to share between different sized kids. When in stalled, the installation belt (whichever you choose) has to sit in these hook things, which sticks out into the child's back. I can't imagine it's comfortable. I'm donating this seat, but I'm going to see if I can sell it and buy a frontier85 instead. I had a frontier85 for a little while and it was a much easier seat- meant for big kids and easier to use all around.

I'll get my pictures up to show off in a bit.

ADS

christineka

"Help! I can't buckle it!"
pbcaitlynunbuckled.jpg

Shoulders
pbcaitlynharness.jpg

Buckled
pbcharnessed.jpg

Boostered
pbcbooster.jpg

Harnessed
pbeharnessed.jpg

Shoulders (about an inch)
pbeharnessht.jpg

Booster
pberbooster.jpg

christineka

My 32 pound kid. (booster is rated for 30 pounds and up)
pbbenbooster.jpg

Dd3 34 pounds. (Didn't realize till later that the shoulder belt was out of the guide.)
pbkbooster.jpg

Dd1- 70 pounds, 19 or so inch torso.
pbembooster.jpg

Spam

A just moved up to the top slots and has maybe a 2" tail of harness after he's buckled. Recaro sent me a comfort foam piece to go on the back over the belt path, it's helped. I didn't think it would be comfortable sit against that either. I'm still debating on keeping it for the long road.

Notaclue

Did any of them think the seat was actually comfortable? They pretty much all look STUFFED into that seat.

christineka

Did any of them think the seat was actually comfortable? They pretty much all look STUFFED into that seat.

I asked. Dd2 just complained about the harness since she hates harnessed seats. I asked the others to compare to the regent and frontier85. They said the regent was much more comfortable. I don't know that any of the kids were even in the seat long enough to notice much.

Kat_Momof3

I like the look of it, but I'd definitely call Recaro about that extra comfort foam that the pp mentioned they sent her.

Kat_Momof3

Nah... the only time I've ever called and left a message for her, she called me back once she was in her office again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC