Interesting new packaging..

MySillyKids

I was at walmart today, the Scerena's dont come in a box anymore, they come in plastic bags, like you buy a comforter in. I was shocked to see that.

They were able to stock like 8-9 that way, instead of the normal 2-3 HUGE boxes.. They were stacked in rows of like 4-5. CRAZY :whistle:

ADS

Loves2sing

Umm, is that even a good idea at all? We all know how gentle the shipping people are. I would be worried about the safety of the seat after the way it was handled without a box. Weird!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Yea, I dont know the logic behind that (other than getting mroe out on shelves) I am worried about how boxes are shipped, let alone bags. And not only shipping, but what about oh so great store shelf stockers. I imagine that they dont ship them in the bags either, but rather in a bigger box with 5+ in it. I dunno...but i dont think I like it.:thumbsdown:

teekadog

They were just loose in flimsy cardboard boxes previously. I don't see the plastic bags being much different, in regards to better or worse.

And there's always the chance for a carseat to get broken in shipping. When I ordered 2 Marathons online, one arrived with a cracked plastic base. The company was quick to replace it with one not broken. I made sure to look both MAs over really closely, with a tech friend, before installing them, and they've been great seats for the past 2+ years. Some nights when I don't have enough to worry about though, I wonder about any hairline cracks that I didn't see and my kids are riding on now...

The only alternative is to be issued one of those restaurant pager thingys when you purchase a carseat... and they'll page you just as it rolls off the assembly line... so you can be there to catch it personally... yeah, I lie awake waaaay too much at night. :whistle:

cpsaddict

Actually, after having worked at BRU for four years, I think the plastic bags are good. With the boxes, when people were loading the truck they assumed they were strong enough to stack things like furniture on. We got a lot of damaged seats this way. With the bags, it is obvious what's in it and they won't stack dressers and cribs on them.

JMO,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC