"John & Kate + 8" (TLC)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I TiVo'd this show the other day & am just getting around to watching it. Wow! Mom is an ex-nurse, now a SAHM, she was only pregnant twice: they have 2 six year olds + 6 two year olds :eek: :love: They're great, a perfect team :) Even better: they have a Sprinter van, highback Turbos for the big kids & 5 point harnesses for the little kids :thumbsup: Each parent takes care of 2 little kids & each big kid takes care of 1 little kid when they're in public :whistle: Of all the large family shows, this was actually a REALLY GOOD one :twocents:

ADS

Loves2sing

I love watching those shows! They always come across as such caring and stable families. I don't know how that is even possible with that many kids, I feel like pulling my hair out 1000 times a day with one kid!! Good for them though actually restraining their kids properly. Think of how expensive their family must be, yet they still see the NEED to buy proper carseats!! YAY!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Arent they a great team? And they dont even pretend to be perfect... I like it alot. :thumbsup:

cpsaddict

I watched the first show with this family, Surviving Twins and Sextuplets. Then they had the babies in Comfortsports. The only bad thing was the big coats, but they were all relatively tight. I didn't notice the what the older two were in.

In that one, they took them all to a buffet type place for dinner. :eek: I was impressed with how they did it.

This family is definately one of my faves!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yeah, but they have terrible crs habits. :( In John and Kate's first show, I thought I saw the girls in harnessed seat still. I didn't see anything in the show that made me want to scream, besides they could've kept the 6 of them rfing longer than they probably did.

Loves2sing

The thing that does bother me about these shows is that they make me feel like I am a failure at mothering and being a wife, cause they are just soooo perfect!

Loves2sing

I know, but I only have one, and I have a husband who likes to clean and does his share of the laundry! I am a total failure:crying: Just kidding, you know that as soon as the cameras are turned off they are probably going to be headed for divorce court! (But I hope not!)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, the little ones could probably be RF still & the bigger kids could be harnessed, but at least they're *in* seats & at least they're not expired, OHS, etc. Plus, the Sprinter is way better than the average large van :) I usually can't watch these kind of shows because the carseat issue is so horrible :eek:

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
The thing that does bother me about these shows is that they make me feel like I am a failure at mothering and being a wife, cause they are just soooo perfect!

lol, jsut because you feel like you couldnt handle 16 kiddos does not make you less than...

i have a hard time with aleah and dh is great with housework

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I TiVo'd this show the other day & am just getting around to watching it. Wow! Mom is an ex-nurse, now a SAHM, she was only pregnant twice: they have 2 six year olds + 6 two year olds :eek: :love: They're great, a perfect team :) Even better: they have a Sprinter van, highback Turbos for the big kids & 5 point harnesses for the little kids :thumbsup: Each parent takes care of 2 little kids & each big kid takes care of 1 little kid when they're in public :whistle: Of all the large family shows, this was actually a REALLY GOOD one :twocents:

I love those people. They have been on Discovery Health multiple times now, starting with when the sextuplets were still VERY young (they are such OLD two-year-olds now! :p ). Both Jon and Kate are very "real," down-to-earth people. :) :)

cpsaddict

OMG, the 16 kids one has HORRIFIC car seat use. Everytime they have a new baby, it has to ride in an expired and recalled Evenflo Joyride. In one of the first ones, when there were "just" 14 kids, they had Fisher Price t-shields, you know the "Felony Fisher Price". Then, later they had a variety of Eddie Bauer/Cosco HBB and Century Breverras. The straps were all horribly twisted and loose.

Don't get me started on them "converting" their motorhome to seat more! :thumbsdown:

arly1983

OMG, the 16 kids one has HORRIFIC car seat use. Everytime they have a new baby, it has to ride in an expired and recalled Evenflo Joyride. In one of the first ones, when there were "just" 14 kids, they had Fisher Price t-shields, you know the "Felony Fisher Price". Then, later they had a variety of Eddie Bauer/Cosco HBB and Century Breverras. The straps were all horribly twisted and loose.

Don't get me started on them "converting" their motorhome to seat more! :thumbsdown:

AMEN! I was cringing all through that episode.

Compared to them, John & Kate are doing a wonderful job with carseats:thumbsup:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
In the 1st episode, the surviving one, the twins were in harnessed AO's, and the babies had a combination - some in Snugrides, IIRC, and some in triumphs. Much better carseat usage.

cmm7

I love this family, too! They are very real!

And, they are a lot better with car seats than some of the other families on t.v. I believe I saw on their old website (new one is harder for me to navigate...) that CarSeatPoncho donated ponchos to them?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
In the 1st episode, the surviving one, the twins were in harnessed AO's, and the babies had a combination - some in Snugrides, IIRC, and some in triumphs. Much better carseat usage.

I think that the sextuplets were in Snugrides (with the blue and white check cover-- I am blanking on the name of that cover) and ComfortSports, not Triumphs. Not that it really matters, of course... :):p :p

Melizerd

They were on the Dr. Phil show. They are getting a nanny or two and 3,000 bucks worth of Fisher Price toys so the kids can have some of their own toys and not have to share EVERYTHING. They were so sweet.

I couldn't believe how big her belly was either. She said it grew so fast she was sunburned and had to put vaseline on it and wrap it in saran wrap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC