is it me?

kitkatkc

Or is the Recaro ProSport a BEAST?
My mom has one for taking the nieces (and DD sometimes, though I really would prefer she be RF) and was installing it wrong, so we did a tutorial last night.
OMG! I had the hardest time with that seat. The crotch buckle was near impossible to move, and the latches were more difficult than I have had experience with (though that could have been her car)
And that thing is HEAVY!
I am so glad that I took the time to show her everything, since she uses it in two cars, and doesn't have latch in one of them, and wasn't restraining the seat properly (the girls all use it as a harnessed seat)
So, I showed her how to use latch an tether, how to properly route the belt, how to adjust the headrest (the only thing that I have liked about the seat)
I broke two nails too!
But, she now knows how to keep the girls properly restrained. I also made sure she understood about taking coats off, since she was saying that it was so hard to get them in the seats in the winter. GAH!
It is probably 3.5 years down the road before I will be getting a booster, but are they ALL this heavy/bulky/difficult?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No. And you don't install boosters, so they're even easier. But there are definitely easier combination seats out there (the Graco Nautilus and Evenflo Maestro, and no idea what there will be in 3.5 years).

Sounds like a Graco Smart Seat would be nice for you, though. Easy to install, and install once and just move it rear or forward facing. Adjust the harness by the headrest.

Wendy

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Just to check, you did refer to the manual for beltpath info, right? The Prosport has a very unique way to route the belt.

kitkatkc

Just to check, you did refer to the manual for beltpath info, right? The Prosport has a very unique way to route the belt.
Yes, in fact, the pictures are so teeny that I resorted to downloading it online so that I could see where they were putting the belt! I showed my mom three times, so hopefully she got it... she was previously routing both the shoulder and the lap belt through the back part where just the lap belt was supposed to go, and then was wondering why M was uncomfortable in the seat!

kitkatkc

No. And you don't install boosters, so they're even easier. But there are definitely easier combination seats out there (the Graco Nautilus and Evenflo Maestro, and no idea what there will be in 3.5 years).

Sounds like a Graco Smart Seat would be nice for you, though. Easy to install, and install once and just move it rear or forward facing. Adjust the harness by the headrest.

Wendy

I actually heard of the Smart Seat not too long after I bought DD her My Ride, But I didn't really have a choice in getting her a new seat- it had to be done that weekend. While I would sort-of like to get a Smart Seat, I am really happy with the MR, and since DD is such a tiny thing, she will fit in it just fine until we are ready to get a dedicated booster- I doubt that I will get a combination seat, unless for some reason we should have to replace the seat before she is ready to booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC