udiapers.com.. 50% off total. Scam?!

Meg

Has anyone heard of udiapers.com? I read on another site that if you spend over $200 you get 50% off your entire order using the code '2011'. So, I tried it out and put stuff in my cart and sure enough it was 50% off when I entered the code.

So what gives?! Is this even a real online store? I can't imagine being able to buy a BJCM and RA55 for just $230 (the things I tried out in my cart).

Anyone know anything about this site?

ADS

cso1997

Yes, it is a scam to collect credit card numbers. Read about several people that are dealing with big charges to their cards after ordering from udiapers. I would avoid it.

Meg

Yes, it is a scam to collect credit card numbers. Read about several people that are dealing with big charges to their cards after ordering from udiapers. I would avoid it.

Where did you read about people having issues? I searched and can't find any feedback on the site.

Meg

I didn't even notice the 'gears'. Lol. I noticed some of the wording was funny in the About Us section, so I thought maybe it wasn't a US store. I just found a review where someone bought a car seat and "whoops" she was charged $950 extra.:rolleyes: Apparently, she called them and they rectified the issue and gave her 50% off some formula.:shrug-shoulders:

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
This is on their "About" page.... sounds like they are based in a foreign country. And yes, they do start the paragraph by misspelling the name of their own website.

uDipaers.com is your only source for lowest prices on your baby products. Our goal is to provide our customer with great product at lowest possible price. We also offer free shipping, we have partnered with great shipping companies to reach your merchandise to you fast as possible. We first opened the door of uDiapers to our local neighborhood in 2003. Since then we have served our family of customers with the highest quality of service and products. We certainly know a successful business always needs loyal customers. We have finally decided to take our business to next level, and opened our doors to millions of mom and dads of America, we know you will support us because without you uDiapers.com will never succeed. Here at uDiapers we appreciate all your patronage and support, uDiapers promise to bring you new and exciting products at the price that we all can make livings with. Thank you.

ETA: I also can't seem to find any customer service phone number on their site. Everywhere you try to get to it, like "Contact Us" just loops you back to the paragraph I just quoted above. Very fishy.

Meg

ETA: I also can't seem to find any customer service phone number on their site. Everywhere you try to get to it, like "Contact Us" just loops you back to the paragraph I just quoted above. Very fishy.

When I click on 'contact us' I see a page with the company's phone number and email address.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
When I click on 'contact us' I see a page with the company's phone number and email address.

Oh okay, I'm glad it's at least on there. I had gone to the FAQ and there's a "How do I contact you?" question, and when you click on it, it brings you back to that paragraph. I was just imagining someone sitting there with a $900 charge on their card, screaming at the computer because it was driving them in circles!

poohbear

Even if it were legit I wouldn't do business with them based on all the misspellings and incorrect grammar.

:ROTFLMAO:
so did anyone actually order?
I always think when something seems to good to be true, it probably is....

ETA - the coupon expired on Jan 16, 2011. I guess I can't stock up on gears. Like a bugaboo camelon....

ETA part 2: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&p=36396525

http://imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1790036

TOTAL Scam!

hrice

Also, don't everyone go run and visit the site. That will bump it up in the search engines.

Too good to be true usually is. I hate scammers. They suck:thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC