What does your SN mean?

ADS

Kellyr2

Boring here. I'm Kelly. Last name starts with an R. On the first message boards I ever signed up on, "kelly" and "kellyr" were taken, so I took "kellyr2." I'm so very original. It stuck, though.
Also, useless trivia - my password for that account was "baby." because I was pregnant. how lame! (see, I wouldn't share that info, except that I later changed the password, and then later got banned, so it doesn't matter anymore!)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Boring here. I'm Kelly. Last name starts with an R. On the first message boards I ever signed up on, "kelly" and "kellyr" were taken, so I took "kellyr2." I'm so very original. It stuck, though.
Also, useless trivia - my password for that account was "baby." because I was pregnant. how lame! (see, I wouldn't share that info, except that I later changed the password, and then later got banned, so it doesn't matter anymore!)

lol...mine is my husbands initials and then my madien initials, not too original either. but it was our email, so like in your case, it just stuck.

TheRealMacGyver

rlsadc, you're just trying to get to 1,000 aren't you.:D

You have to tell us yours first:p

My friends have called me MacGyver since the beginning of time (not really, but at least since the show has been around). They call me it because I have a special ability of fixing things that don't work. The fix usually includes the typically artillary of garage items such as duct tape, hose clamps, JB Weld, rope, etc.-you get the idea. I also have been known to save a party from a thunderstorm by rigging tarps around the yard from trees and anything else that didn't move. Anyhow, whenever I registered somewhere (can't remember where) MacGyver was already taken, so just kept trying different things and voila TheRealMacGyver! There is some other guy in either UK or Ireland that uses the name too. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Mine is pretty straightforward, my first name and college acronym. Also a bit of word play inspired by several people who tend to start out by saying Jean, um... when they call me, lol.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Leila was born with at least 3" of straight black hair + darkish skin tone -- unlike my nieces/nephews she constantly wanted to be TIGHTLY bundled & since I wore her in a sling at work we all nicknamed her "Papoose" (native american baby)....

Within a few weeks her hair was curly, but people still ask me if I adopted her from an Indian Reservation, the Middle East or South America :rolleyes: Fewer people than I thought possible actually realize *I* am her mom & her dad is just black! (BTW, we don't use the PC term "African American" since my SO actually volunteered in Africa for many months & learned that there is nothing African about him, LOL)

Loves2sing

I think mine is pretty self explanatory. I wish I was more creative, but when it comes to names, I'm not, now if I could decorate my name.... Let's just say, it would be snazzy. But i am kind of computer illiterate, so even if i could, I don't know how.

skaterbabs

rlsadc, you're just trying to get to 1,000 aren't you.:D

You have to tell us yours first:p

My friends have called me MacGyver since the beginning of time (not really, but at least since the show has been around). They call me it because I have a special ability of fixing things that don't work. The fix usually includes the typically artillary of garage items such as duct tape, hose clamps, JB Weld, rope, etc.-you get the idea. I also have been known to save a party from a thunderstorm by rigging tarps around the yard from trees and anything else that didn't move. Anyhow, whenever I registered somewhere (can't remember where) MacGyver was already taken, so just kept trying different things and voila TheRealMacGyver! There is some other guy in either UK or Ireland that uses the name too. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it.

You and my dh would get along really well. lol he's the same way. A techie who's a gearhead at heart. :rolleyes:

mine is from a typo a long time ago that stuck, but the short version is: skater- because I figure skate, Babs - typo from Baby, and cpst because I am one. lol

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
You and my dh would get along really well. lol he's the same way. A techie who's a gearhead at heart. :rolleyes:

mine is from a typo a long time ago that stuck, but the short version is: skater- because I figure skate, Babs - typo from Baby, and cpst because I am one. lol

i remember you telling me a long time ago in the chat...

babs ALWAYS through me off... that is why i have such a hard time with your name...lol

Morganthe

(BTW, we don't use the PC term "African American" since my SO actually volunteered in Africa for many months & learned that there is nothing African about him, LOL)

ROFL I've met enough people from Africa to understand exactly what he's talking about :) First experience was age 11 at Heathrow Airport waiting for flight. I played with children my own age who were Black, not brown skinned. I loved their colorful clothes and melodic speech. So different from Americans in their outlook and way of life. More than the difference between Irish & Irish-American, imo. :)

Morganthe is my SCA name (Society for Creative Anachronism) that dh created for me years ago in hopes that I would Join him in Battle to fight back-to-back in mortal combat in heavy stick fighting.

Yeah right. :rolleyes: Just because I used to have 'anger issues', participated in brawls & bar fights, and was a little too outgoing physically, somewhere he got this concept that I'd like this. Nope. I'm peace, love, & hugs for the last 15 years. I'm not involved at all with the SCA world, but I'll support his habit as long as I keep up my own obsessions :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Leila was born with at least 3" of straight black hair + darkish skin tone -- unlike my nieces/nephews she constantly wanted to be TIGHTLY bundled & since I wore her in a sling at work we all nicknamed her "Papoose" (native american baby)....

Within a few weeks her hair was curly, but people still ask me if I adopted her from an Indian Reservation, the Middle East or South America :rolleyes: Fewer people than I thought possible actually realize *I* am her mom & her dad is just black! (BTW, we don't use the PC term "African American" since my SO actually volunteered in Africa for many months & learned that there is nothing African about him, LOL)

I just read a story about a white lady and a japanese husband and people seeing her and the baby out would ask, 'Where did you get her!!!!???', and the mom saying with a straight face, "My Uterus!" :D

And me? I'm just Jools... plus 3.... I'm leaving my dh out since he's not 'from' me, heheh. My other common name is JoolsTAG... Jools and my middle and last initials (I hyphenated my maiden and married names A-G)

Loves2sing

I actually had a conversation with Aidensmom02 about your name! We were wondering what it meant, and how it was suppossed to be pronounced, She won, I guess, I thought maybe it was Babs like from the Loonie Toons Babies or something. She thought it was Skater- Babe- CPST, I'll have to let her know!

trailrunnermom

Mine comes from my hobby, which I don't actually get to pursue very often lately (see list of kids and carseats below for reason.) :)

But I am heading out (completely solo!) on Friday for a real trail race on Saturday (or, as I like to call it, a "mini-vacation"). I'll get to spend hours running (and walking) through the woods, and the only whining I'll hear will be my own-- LOL.

Melizerd

My brother used to call me Melizerd when we were kids. I've never run across a board where it was taken. I use it for a ton of things.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC