Available seats and vehicles thread

Keeanh

Let's try making a searchable thread that lists all the seats & vehicles we have at our disposal that we're willing to answer questions about and do test installs with. We can still post our questions, such as "how does seat x work in car y?" in the appropriate forum, so that the information is there for everyone. But we can also look to see if there's someone we can pm to direct them to our question, rather than just hoping the right person sees our post. And we would also be able to pm those pesky little curiosity questions that we would never bother the whole board with ;).

We'll need a consistent naming system. For the car seats, I suggest we use the names that the manufacturers use. For example, My Ride (with a space), SnugRide (no space). We should also leave spaces between the name and any letters or numbers (eg. XT, SL, 65 etc.) because many of these variations are the same seat. And even when they're not, it's easier to sort it out after searching rather than before.

For the vehicles, leave spaces between make & model, use full model year (eg. 2006, not '06), and no hyphens (eg. F150). If in doubt, like when the model name is shorter than 4 characters (thus making it unsearchable with the "search thread" option), we could list the name in different forms. For example, "Mazda 5 Mazda5" would make it show up in a search for both "Mazda" and "Mazda5".

Obviously, we'll have to remember to keep it updated, and at some point we'll probably just have to start over. I know there's a time limit of some sort on editing posts, but worst case, you make a new post and someone might pm you about a seat or vehicle you no longer have. You'd probably still know the answer :).

ADS

Keeanh

Seats:

2005 Safety First Designer 22
2008 Graco SnugRide 22
2009 Sunshine Kids Monterey
2010 Cosco Scenera
2010 Graco My Ride
2010 First Years True Fit
2010 Britax Frontier XT

Vehicles:

2006 Chevrolet Express 3500 15 passenger
2000 GMC Safari 8 passenger
1997 Mazda Protege

I'm in BC, Canada.

sunnymw

not a tech but have had three flawless checks :)

2000-2001 mercury grand marquis
2010 ford flex
2003 ford f150 lariat crew cab
2005 toyota matrix
2004 ford taurus
2007 honda civic

evenflo triumph advance
graco nautilus
radian xt
radian xtsl
evenflo big kid
cosco nbb
soon to be more :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Seats:

Combi Coccoro
Cosco Ambassador
Cosco Highback Booster (harnessed)
Cosco Pronto
Cosco Scenera (35lb model)
Evenflo Big Kid (backless)
Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster
Graco MyRide
Graco Nautilus (Elite model)
Graco SnugRide 32 base
Harmony LiteRider
Recaro ProSport
Safety 1st Avenue
Sunshine Kids Monterey
Sunshine Kids Radian 80SL

Vehicle:

2006 Honda Pilot **extensive three-across experience

(Previously - 2002 GMC Safari, First Years True Fit, Graco Air Booster, Cosco Apex)

urchin_grey

Seats:

Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL
The First Years True Fit Premier
Graco My Ride
Cosco Scenera

Vehicles:

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan
1996 Saturn SL2
1995 Ford Crown Victoria

(The Crown Vic is my sister's and she's moving out, so that will be gone by March!)

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Vehicles:

2008 Chrysler Town and Country
2004 Chevrolet Classic

Car Seats:

Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL
Graco Safeseat
Evenflo Maestro (x2)
Graco Turbobooster (no back)
Evenflo Big Kid High back booster
Evenflo Symphony 65
Safety 1st Avenue (x2)

Access to:
Cosco Scenera (40 lb RF limit)
Cosco High Back Combination seats (program seats)

and a plethora of vehicles ;)

AtTheSouthDam

Not a tech.

Vehicles:
2007 Ford Freestar -Middle row bench
2000 Honda Civic

with time notice:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1999 Dodge Durango
2005 Jaguar XK8
1999 Oldsmobile Aurora
2010 Ford Mustang

Car seats:

Recaro Young Sport
Sunshine Kids Radian 80 (nonSL)
Graco Turbo Booster
Sunshine Kids Monterey
Harmony Literider

Can offer fit advice on the Civic with the Graco My Ride. With only the Freestar can offer fit advice, with photos, on the True Fit, Regent, Recaro Como, Britax Marathon (old style) and My Ride. I no longer have these seats in my possesion.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC