What Would You Buy...

Chely7425

I need to buy a new seat. I was going to use either a MA70 or a MR for T3 once I move him out of the bucket, except neither of those seats will fit between 2 FF radians in my car. The radians are both RF at the moment but in the next year or year and a half they won't be and I don't want to use a seat for a year and then have to sell it to get something else. Anyway... I have a fair bit of room between the 2 radians but the MA is just a TOUCH too wide at the feet, so it hits the radians at their widest point. I am going to try Wendy's CCO on Friday, so that could work. Anything else I am not thinking of?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
What kind of vehicle?

In my Civic, I can fit a FF Nautilus next to a RF Radian, next to almost any seat I want. Maybe that would work in your car... a new seat for T1 and reuse a Radian for T3. Could T3 go in a RF Radian and could you get another seat for T1?

Chely7425

I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty, and T1 will be just 3 when I need a new seat so I would really rather keep him RF.. He has 2 inches of growing room still. I know another RN would fit there it is just a really annoying install in my middle seat and im hoping to avoid it. I could get T1 a new seat, but again... I would rather keep him RF till 4. I know that money wise it would most likely make the most sense but... yeah.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you said that in a year or year-and-a-half that you would be turning both T1 and T2 FF. Since T3 is so little, I thought maybe he would fit in the KF for a year, so you would be looking at FF anyway. Sorry. :eek:

Chely7425

Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you said that in a year or year-and-a-half that you would be turning both T1 and T2 FF. Since T3 is so little, I thought maybe he would fit in the KF for a year, so you would be looking at FF anyway. Sorry. :eek:

Sorry, I should have clarified :) I am sure T3 would fit in the KF for a long time but I am borrowing it from a friend and I need to get a different seat before we move back to Louisiana in a few months!

What about a Complete Air? They puzzle well with RF and FF Radians.

I will try one of the ones with a base... I HATE the non-base one.. it is horrible and possible my least favorite seat to install ever :) My middle seat belt has a longer buckle stalk so really low seats are a pain. Like I said.. I know a RN would fit there but that seems like TOTAL overkill for my 10 pound 3 month old!! I would rather spend a bit less and get something that will work for the next few years until I can pass down T1's radian..

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The base makes all the difference! The RF belt path is still tiny (but I have man-hands, so I have trouble with a lot of seats :whistle:) but it's a much easier install with the base.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can you approach it a little differently? Can you think of what might work with one FF, and one RF Radian in a year? So make your plan to buy a seat for T3 now, in your RFing three-across, and then pass T3's seat up to T2. Puzzle T1's FFing Radian with T2's *insert new seat here,* and use the other Radian RF then for T3.

I know old style Britaxes puzzle well with Radians facing the same direction, do new style? Can you do RF RN/RF MA70 (or MR)/RF RN now, and then next year, do FF RN/FF MA70 or MR/RF RN?

Chely7425

Possibly... but the main issue is that I am pretty sure that T1 and T2 are going to need to flip forward at around the same time. They are a year apart but basically the same size. Like the MA works great in there as long as it is the same direction as another seat, like RN. I guess I could possibly put T2 FF in the MA... but he doesn't have a whole lot of room left in it. Maybe he could stay in it long enough tho that T3 would be going forward and then they could switch again?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yeah, not sure how the boys fit in the seats. Just trying to throw out another way of thinking about it, so that you could take advantage of RF + FF Radian and not need to buy a third Radian. :)

Chely7425

Yeah, not sure how the boys fit in the seats. Just trying to throw out another way of thinking about it, so that you could take advantage of RF + FF Radian and not need to buy a third Radian. :)

LOL Yeah, not buying a 3rd Radian sounds nifty :) I will try T2 in the MA FF and see how he fits. If it looks like he has a fair bit of growing room then that could be a good option, I defnitely didn't think of it! If he wasn't so dang tall this would be easier... he is 35" tall and wearing 3T shirts at 1.5...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC