What seat for 9 year old?

armyfam

DD1 will be 9 next month. Right now- she is riding in a Recaro Vivo booster. The seat depth is very shallow and her legs hang several inches off the front of the booster. She is in the third row of a 06 Kia Sedona. I am really thinking about replacing her booster. What should I get? I was thinking Monterey but she would like to ride without a booster. She has only mentioned it once or twice though. Should I let her go to a LBB? I have anxiety just thinking about doing that. She is the only kid we know still in a booster much less HBB but I love the SIP provided by a HBB. She is 52 inches tall-about 63 pounds. Her torso was 18 inches. She is NOT very responsible in her HBB right now. She leans a lot and has to be reminded to sit in position quite often. She has a ADD diagnosis. We will be moving back to the US in about 6 months where we will be doing a lot more travelling. I'm not sure what to do or what seat to get next. WWYD?

ADS

TerisBoys

Does she complain about the Vivo's depth and/or being uncomfortable?

It's one of the tallest HBB's next to the old Parkway and Monterey. And it's got pretty decent SIP, too. If she's not complaining, I'd leave her in it - at least until you get back in the States.

armyfam

No- she isn't complaining. The seat cover is horribly faded and looks old so I thought about replacing it. She isn't one to complain about comfort ever though. She can have the tongue of her shoe pushed down or her pants twisted and not say anything or fix it:confused:
She just doesn't pay attention to comfort.

babyherder

If she's not uncomfortable I wouldn't change it. I also would keep her in a highback until she can sit properly in it. Would she sit correctly if you told her she needed to sit correctly in order to get a no back booster?

tiggercat

I was going to suggest the Clek Olli until you got to the part about her not being very responsible in a booster. My 10 yr old loves his Olli, and seems to prefer it to riding boosterless (he passes the 5 step test in my MIL's car, but asked if he could have an Olli for it anyway, LOL. Too bad there is not enough head support or I totally would!).

I think I'd probably look at the Monterey then, it is also comfy, Greg rides in one occasionally and hasn't complained. Then you have the backless option when she is more competent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC