Question How in the world am i gonna pick carseats?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I know too much! Too many choices!

I came darn close to buying a t-tario 32 on clearance today for $99. I don't even like infant seats. But if I had to choose one , it would be that or a Shuttle 33, and DH *might* prefer an infant seat. Which is completely illogical because the only seat that is even remotely feasible in his car is a Coccoro.

I like the Symphony 65, and (maybe) the new Graco 3in1, the RA55, and the MR.

Ack.

ADS

safeinthecar

BabyKaykes said:
Just get the CCO, you know you want one....that's what I'm going with!

The Coccoro is a definate. Only logical choice for a Corolla with a 6'4" guy in the front. I'm going to need two seats though. I drive both our vehicles daily.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You might be surprised how little space a T-Tario (since it's a Graco clone) can take up in a Corolla-- from my experience they work well with the contours, and they allow the handle up-- I'd at least drive to BRU and test out a SR35 to see if it would at all possibly work... In case he wants an infant seat.

katiesmommy

Not that I'm pregnant, but we are trying so I've been thinking about this too. I want them all and have no idea how I'm going to choose when the time comes. I want a Keyfit, SR35, Shuttle 33, Companion, and Coccoro.

Spam

I :love: love love love my t-tario! I had the shuttle33, adjusting the harness on little babies is annoying, I much prefer the smooth adjustor on the tario.

Calleiah

When I was trying to figure out what I wanted, I made lists, with the features I liked, the ones I didnt, etc. Basically laid out the pros and cons of each seat. It was pretty easy after that. :D

safeinthecar

Buy em all. :shrug-shoulders:

There was a time when I had to keep enough car seats in enough cars that I could justify that. Alas, that is no longer the case. My mom, dad, grandpa, and brother are going to be primarily in NV, my BFF is a tech so I can't justify not making her install a seat if need be, my grandma is passed, MIL doesn't drive and I can't see needing FIL to drive the baby around for several years.

Oh wait, hmmmmm, DD1 is going to be driving in a bit over a year! I just have to buy her a car so that she needs her own carseat.

vonfirmath

I want a Cocorro but it makes no sense since our Safeseat is not expired, and I am definitely an infant seat mommy

I look down the road and, if we keep two cars, can probably justify a new second seat after the Safeseat is outgrown because the Marathon expires too fast -- so we are selling it now while we can still get something for it

Kat_Momof3

first... CONGRATULATIONS (even if not planned, it's still something to celebrate... new life)

KAYCEE!! ARE YOU??? CONGRATULATIONS!!! lots of positive sticky keep the baby in and healthy thoughts and prayers for you!

I vote Coccoro... it's what I'd do if I were having a noob (seriously... I'd do the CCO in my van, and then probably a baby trend bucket for dh's car, because it's a 2-door and I'd need narrow and being able to lift the seat out to adjust the straps would be too good to pass up)

But if you want an infant seat, I'd probably splurge on the combi shuttle 33... it's my fav! (unless you snag something fun on a target online return)

So I'd either get TWO coccoros (can you tell I just really do LOVE LOVE LOVE that seat... especially because it even rocks like an infant seat if you really need to use it like that once in a while) or an infant seat with two bases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC