2011 Honda Odessey

LeahsMommy

I think I've decided on the Odessey. Does anyone have the 2011? Do you like it? I think it will work best for my scenrio. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I'm wanting to get the XTSL through diapers.com and need to catch the sale that ends tomorrow. I really want to get another Britax Blvd, but from reading the carseat.org reviews on the 2011 Odessey it doesn't look like the Britax installs well RF'ing in the center seat of the 2nd row. My question is the SL says no seatbealt is needed, but can you use a seatbelt if it is to be installed in a seat that doesn't have the lower anchors? I'm planning on getting the 2011 Odessey in a few months, but want the option of putting the Radian in the 3rd row middle, but it doesnt have lower anchors, but does have the top tether. My scenrio is to remove the 2nd row outboard pax side captain chair, put my twin DS who is now 6 months RF'ing in the middle seat 2nd row in the Radian, then my other twin DS in the outboard drivers side RF'ing in a Britax Blvd that I already have, and then put 24 month old DD who is FF'ing in a Britax Blvd in the middle seat 3rd row. I realize I can put 3 across in the 2nd row, but I think it would be too hard for me to physically put my son in the middle seat. My thinking is if I remove the one captain chair I can put all the kids inside the van and close the door. I feel too vulnerable leaving kids outside the car while I'm putting one in the car. KWIM. A friend who has twins had someone try to grab her son out of his stroller as she was getting her other son into the car and I would rather have everyone in the car and then put them in their seats. Call me paranoid, but that is the world we live in. Sorry for rambling. Would appreciate any input.

ADS

April

Nicole (QuassEE) just bought one. I'm sure she'll be along to give her input soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

npauli

We've got one, and love it.

As far as your car seat plan, here's what I can tell you:

- I couldn't get an old roundabout or advocate to RF in the 2nd row middle seat. Tried and tried, but I couldn't figure out a way to avoid plastic-on-plastic contact between carseat and vehicle seat, which made it impossible to get very tight.
Somehow I thought the carseatblog review said the radian didn't install very well either. We bought the MR65 since the review said it DID install ok. I'm not thrilled with it, but it works.

- You can do an advocate/boulevard RF in the second row, but it won't leave you a lot of room for the adult in front of it. I can barely fit in front of ours with my knees touching the glovebox. My wife has plenty of room. I'm 6"1', she's 5"1'. I try to keep a little gap between carseat and front row seat since there's sensors in the seat to help control the airbags.

Except for what's noted above, I think the seating flexibility is fantastic - roughly equivalent to the previous generation Sienna, only with better fuel economy and more bells and whistles

bnsnyde

Just bought this van!
We have two Radian XT's FF in the back, one on each side.

Middle row, middle seat is a Britax Chaperone for the baby. And next to it (behind passenger) is a Britax Advocate RF.

The only thing I don't like is you cannot rear tether from the second row. Britax allows this but the van has no option for this. Ug! I don't think any van does? Rear tether is kind of new.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC