Selling the Van...

crstcrzy

We've decided that, by summer, we're going to down-grade to a car. We're spending way too much on gas right now with the van (02 Grand Caravan).

We need a car that's at least a 2002. I'd like to go private sale for around $2000.

Recomendations?

ADS

mommycat

When I was looking, I looked mostly at Civic/Accord, Corollas, Mazdas in similar size, Chev Impala and Buick Century. Had decent crash ratings and reliable reviews, but my choice was somewhat arbitrary. I'm sure others will have other great suggestions.

crstcrzy

I have a 4 year old with Autism, who will need to be harnessed as long as possible, in a Frontier XT at 40 lbs , and a 2 year old 36 lbs riding in a variety of FF seats (frontier XT when her brother isn't using it, Chase, Apex).
We need something with a decent sized trunk too....

nutritionistmom

CPST Instructor
We went from a 2000 Pontiac Montana to 2005 Honda Civic and we're really happy with the change. It has lots of trunk room and the back seat is surprizingly roomy. Although my 11 yo finds it a little tight behind my 6'4" dh. We bought off Kijiji and it was in the neighbourhood of $8000.

Nimommyof2

I just switched to a van about a year and a half ago before that I owned a four door saturn ion a manual one and loved it LOL(I sold it to my parents so I can still visit haha) it was the first car I ever owned and I saved and bought it new so I'm sure thats why I loved it haha. It is a great car and I'm sure a 2003 wouldn't be much more than 2000.00 I never had any major problems and could fit three carseats across it also has six latches so you can use them in all three positions and three tethers. I found the trunk really roomy as well. Good luck with your search.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC