Impressed by preschool!

Niea

My friend lives in a small rural town which offers free preschool to qualified kids. I think it's part of Head Start.

Her son, who just turned 3, now goes to the Preschool for a few hours each week. The school sends a small school bus to her house to pick the boy up and then drops him back off later on.

She lives across the country for me so she sent me some pics of his first day on the bus and they have in a 5-point harness! It's one of those integrated ones. . he fits fine, the straps are tight, the chest clip is where it's supposed to be, etc. My friend even told me that all the staff on the bus are really caring and that the bus doesn't move until all children are properly restrained.

I realize it's probably law that they do this. . but imagine a lot of places don't take the time or effort to follow through. In fact, I thought that some might even consider a tall 3 year old "big enough" to go without any restraint at all.

I just wanted to say that I'm impressed by the staff and their concern with safety! :thumbsup:

ADS

broken4u05

wow very nice. I love it. most would be fine with just putting the kid on a bus. But even better being in a 5 pt. Very nice

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Wow, thats different. I am not sure how the 5 point works with the bus (I know the the Lap only belt caused more injuries because the childs head was slammed into the seat in front of them instead of their whole body which does a much better job at spreading the crash forces, its called compartmentalization)...interesting.

Suzibeck

I can't find the link but I know there is a place that supplies that type of thing for school busses. They make a 5 pt harness and a 3 pt that is adjustable to fit various sizes of kids. I imagine they actually make the bus seats? I'm not sure. I hope someone knows and can find the link. The pictures are neat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC