Boosters in Smallish Cars

Chely7425

Ok, this is a ways off for us... but I was wondering if anyone has had success fitting 3 boosters in a smaller backseat. Would it be more likely to work if the seat next to the booster was something on a base? If it would work we would have a MR or MA in the center with a booster on one side, then possibly boosters on both sides. We would like to keep our current vehicle for as long as possible... Also, backless booster are smaller than a HB right? So waaaaaay down the road (in like... 5 or 6 years) would it be worth trying hbb/lbb/hbb if we still have the vehicle?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Things not to worry about today. :) Let's see what's available then, and your current seats will be near the end of their lives.

Wendy

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm having a tough time getting a booster in my tight back seat. Mali is just a hair under the head wings on her XTSL, and needs to move into a booster soon. I found that the Turbo puzzles very well next to a FF Marathon. Unfortunately, it's hard to buckle her in like that, and the Marathon was crashed and replaced with a Radian with the thought that it would save us room, but if anything takes up more room.

I have an original Parkway in the mail, and I'm hoping that works well in the car. Ideally I could put the Parkway in the center between the RF Radian and RF Coccoro (or CA).

Chely7425

Good to know Anna :) I am hoping Trevor will have another 3 years in his radian but with the way he has been growing it may or may not happen... lol

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have an 05 Corolla. I've had many combinations of 3 in a row with 2+ boosters.

Monterrey, RN (ffing), Bodyguard
TB, Bodyguard, Confidence
Monterrey or TB, BG, Confidence
Confidence, MA (rfing), BG
Cocso Highrise subbing in for any of the above seats in any combination.

NBB are not nessesarily any smaller than HBB. Except for the Highrises, all the boosters I mentioned were HBB.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm having a tough time getting a booster in my tight back seat. Mali is just a hair under the head wings on her XTSL, and needs to move into a booster soon. I found that the Turbo puzzles very well next to a FF Marathon. Unfortunately, it's hard to buckle her in like that, and the Marathon was crashed and replaced with a Radian with the thought that it would save us room, but if anything takes up more room.

I have an original Parkway in the mail, and I'm hoping that works well in the car. Ideally I could put the Parkway in the center between the RF Radian and RF Coccoro (or CA).

Don't rule out the Monterrey. It puzzles in amazing ways with the RN.

Chely7425

Wow Kimberly... good to know! Gives me hope that maybe this car will last us longer than I was thinking it would :)

Evolily

I believe there are one or two new boosters either coming to market in the next few months or just going on market that are unusually narrow. I honestly wouldn't worry!

Chely7425

I believe there are one or two new boosters either coming to market in the next few months or just going on market that are unusually narrow. I honestly wouldn't worry!

I am really bad about keeping up with what is scheduled to come out... Good to know that there are some more narrow boosters in the works!!

libranbutterfly

Iam trying to figure out the height of a booster in a small car. the nauti in booster mode is a no go in my mom's volkswagen, havent tried the new turbo in there yet. I dont want her in a low back, she juststarted riding in the booster full time.

Chely7425

Iam trying to figure out the height of a booster in a small car. the nauti in booster mode is a no go in my mom's volkswagen, havent tried the new turbo in there yet. I dont want her in a low back, she juststarted riding in the booster full time.

Thankfully I don't have that problem... we have a Liberty so it has height room it just isn't super wide :) I would guess tho that you would be better off with a booster that sits lower, the nauti seems to sit pretty high.

cookie123

Where is the original parkway coming from?

cookie123

I have the Safe Voyage Booster and it's really tight on Brett in it's small mode, Plus he doesn't have much growing room. I'm not sure a narrow booster is going to be the answer. Maybe the blow up booster will do the trick. I may try it, but for me it's an occasional thing.

Chely7425

Both my kids are actually pretty narrow despite being on the heavier side. They are both tall and they are just... solid. They can both sit comfortable in the MA70 (though the oldest has outgrown is RF) so yeah...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC