Coccoro (CCO) install archive

sunnymw

Similar to the issues with Radians, I thought it would be good to have an archive for the CCO... although the Radian thread would be much more helpful if it included INcompatibilities, IMHO.

So...

Unless noted otherwise, installs will be assumed to be RF, as most of us think of this as a RF only seat.
Pictures help.
Please list year/make/model of your vehicle, positions installed in.
Please list whether you were installing with seat belt or LATCH, and whether you had enough belt to do the European routing
Please list if your install was successful or had any issues (ie, tipping upward, moving out of place easily, whatever).

Thank you! :love:

ADS

scoutingbear

2005 Highlander--Installed center with seatbelt using traditional shoulder belt routing using Combi locking clip. Could not get a tight install with European routing or by locking the seatbelt. Took 2 people to install securely. Tech helped to install.

2005 Highlander--Outboard driver's side using LATCH. Tight install. No issues.

2009 Murano--Outboard passenger side using LATCH. Tight install.

Did NOT need a recline block on either of the LATCH installs.

Mags462

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE w/ Premium Cloth Seats installed with
- Latch in Captains chairs - Tight at first, but would loosen with use :(
- Belt - Tight at first, but would loosen with use (normal, not euro routing) :mad:
In fairness, i believe the new block would have kept it from loosening... i just decided to sell it and not to try to get a reliable install.
DSC00823.jpg

This seat would NOT install in a 2001 Ford F-150 Reg Cab w/ the seat belt (not latch equipped).....

Angela

2007 Kia Rondo LX (7 pass)
*3rd row, either side, seatbelt, Euro routing, Recline block, blue locking clip, loosens easily if not rock solid, no need to worry about bumping it, because no one can get behind it. :)
*2nd row, either side (haven't tried center), LATCH and seatbelt, euro routing, no recline block, stays tight unless bumped hard

2011 Nissan Juke - it was made for this car!!
*I've only tried it drivers side with LATCH and it installed gorgeously!! Rock solid and no tipping/loosening!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
All of these installs were done with the seatbelt, European routing, seatbelt not locked at the retractor, and the removable locking clip NOT used (just the blue belt guide on the back).

2004 Honda Pilot, second row, passenger outboard. Works without recline block buy is better with it.

2008 Toyota Prius, driver outboard, no recline block.

2009 Honda Odyssey, captains chair, no recline block.

2010 Dodge Ram Megacab, passenger outboard, with recline block. It had a tendency to overrecline over time but was easy enough to readjust.

I also installed it in a rental car. I'm not sure of the year, but it was either a Chevy Traverse or Equinox. Traverse, I think. Passenger outboard, no recline block.

I haven't had any incompatibilities so far.

Aurezalia

2003 Hyundai Elantra

Installed outboard with both LATCH and seatbelt, both European routing and normal
Installed center with seatbelt, both with European routing and normal
INCOMPATIBLE in all positions. Took about 30 minutes of hard work and effort to get an acceptable install, and then loosened easily and quickly with any use.
The recline block may have fixed these issues, but I sold it on instead.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
2003 Jeep Liberty Sport center position seatbelt install, European belt routing.

No compatibility issues, no recline block necessary.

34rvkvs.jpg

4tr9ro.jpg

2m6ml1t.jpg

Last picture was not taken on level ground. The car was parked in the driveway.

zactayaus

2000 Chevy Suburban
-2nd row outboard passenger side
-Lap/shoulder belt
-Enough seat belt to do Euro routing but wanted to tip upward
-Rock sold with traditional seat belt install

100_2204-1.jpg

100_2205-1.jpg

100_2202-1.jpg

Dillipop

2005 Hyundai Elantra, center with seatbelt, European method, not using the blue lockoff
-Tight install with a little work. Has only been in for a week or so, and so far so good.

2002? Buick Century, rock solid with lap belt in center
-tried outboard with lap/shoulder and couldn't get a good install. I think the leather was making it an issue

2007 Honda Accord- outboard install with lap/shoulder, European method, not using blue lockoff
~easy, tight install. Some loosening over time, but easy to retighten

StPaulMom

2005 Hyundai Elantra
Installed: Outboard with LATCH and recline block.
INCOMPATIBLE with seatbelt in all positions.

2009 Hyundai Sonata
Installed: Outboard with LATCH and recline block
INCOMPATIBLE with seatbelt in all positions.

2010 Subaru Impreza
Installed: Outboard LATCH and recline block, and both outboard positions and center position seatbelt (Euro routing) with recline block

2001 Nissan Sentra
Installed Ourboard seating positions with LATCH and both outboard and center position with seatbelt (Euro routing)

luckyclov

2009 Jeep Liberty
Acceptable install: Center w/ seatbelt (Euro style/around-the-back shoulder belt routing), outboard w/ seatbelt (Euro style), and outboard w/ LATCH. All RF'ing.

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan
Acceptable install: Captain's chair w/ seatbelt (Euro style) and LATCH. Needed pool noodle due to slant/slope of vehicle seat. All RF'ing.

2010 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Acceptable install: Outboard w/ LATCH (haven't tried center w/ seatbelt or outboard w/ seatbelt). All RF'ing.

ETA: By *accetable install*, I mean - 1 inch or less of movement AT THE BELTPATH with my NON DOMINANT hand.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
2004 Ford Explorer w/ cloth seats.
- Installed outboard with LATCH
- Installed Outboard with seatbelt / Euro route
- Installed center. Seatbelt was *just* long enough for Euro without accidentally locking it, though install had to be Euro because it would not lock tight enough routed like an infant seat due to the way the seatbelt came out of the seat. If Euro wasn't used, locking clip had to be.

2009 VW Jetta - leather seats
- Preference to installation block because it was "slippy" on the leather
- Installed both regular and Euro with seatbelt in center
- Installed LATCH outboard (never tried seatbelt)

Pixels

2002 Honda Civic
Center seatbelt
Outboard with LATCH

I tried but was unable to do the outboard seatbelt install. I believe it was the forward of the bight seatbelt anchor, combined with the Cco's belt path.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC