should i get my 5year old a GN?

lovemybabies924

i tried DD1 in a GN today at fred meyer and she has a little room on the top slot..so im wondering if i should buy her one? i can return DD2's crib bedding set and get her the pink one at walmart...does it work decent as a booster when she out grows the harness? i really like that it has latch so i can have it latched in booster mode because she never remembers to buckle her booster when she gets out of the car...

ADS

Chely7425

What is she riding in now? If she is boostered now and rides well in it then I probably wouldn't. How much growing room does she have in the Nauti? If you think she needs it, I would go to BRU and try it out in your car as a booster and see how it fits on her before you buy anything...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
you have that she has a 15.5 inch torso in your sig..the top slots on eth nauti are at 18.5 inches..she should have many inches left in the GN. Perhaps you had a little growing room left until the second to top slot? and then a whole nuther slot that was maybe hiding under the headrest? Or else your torso msmt is way off. :)

At her age, either or is probabyl fine. If she sits well in the HBB she has, she doesnt *need* it probably. The nauti is hit and miss with belt fit. On my kid in my car, is awful - beyond awful. On some kids in some cars it is good.

Mom-of-Two

If she is currently riding in a booster and sits in it properly, then I'd say no reason to change, so long as the belt fit is good and she has a good fit. If what you want is a booster with LATCH, I would try the new Britax Parkway SGL- and they are on sale all over online right now, less expensive even than the Nautilus. I think getting a Nautilus at this point wouldn't be worth your money, because it doesn't fit a lot of kids well as a booster. Fit wise, my 6.5yo JUST moved to the top slots in her Nautilus, she is happily harnessed which is why she is still harnessed in it! She does ride in a Turboboster for playdates wonderfully, so I know she is ready for one full time but she fits harnessed in both seats and WANTS to be, so she is. But when she is finally ready- which I assume to be in the next few months-- I am looking to get her a Parkway for the main vehicle and use the Turbobooster in Dad's car.

The Parkway SGL latches so you don't have to remember buckling in after the child gets out, it has nice features and fits the majority of kids well!

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC