Marathon Prices

Jumanji

Has anyone every seen the Marathon go on sale for less than $299. I've seen a few websites that say "On sale $299.99 from $349.99" but Toys R Us sells them for $299.99 regular price

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Never. But make sure you're only charged the one tax on it.

Britax is a bigtime price-fixer. They'll revoke merchant rights if they catch them advertising at below authorized prices. I believe the only reason that it went down to $299 from $349 is actually because when they were introduced to the Canadian market, the dollar was around 1.4 whereas it's around 1.12 now...so in reality, the price is practically the same based on what the stores are paying.

-Nicole.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Never. But make sure you're only charged the one tax on it.
Doesn't it depend on which province you live in or buy in determine how much you pay in taxes? I am pretty sure I had to pay 2 taxes on my seats here in MB and only one when I bought my MA in BC.

QuassEE

She's in BC. BC merchants are really bad for applying the PST on PST exempt items and trying to get away with it. I bought some cloth diapers at Sears and they did this to me, but since I had bought other items I didn't notice until I got home. When I called them, they said come in for a refund. I asked them if they weren't going to change it on their computer--NOPE. I just went back this past weekend, 4 years later, and they're still charging PST on them! All personal protective equipment should be PST free in British Columbia, carseats included.

-N.

Loves2sing

I am more than a little cheesed about the Ma price. I paid $350 a year ago for mine, and I could have done something else with that $50, like new shoes maybe? LOL! The price is totally worth the seat though. You might want to check out if there are any other retailers selling the MA in your area, as I found the material on the TRU MA a little rough. I have seen, and own much softer covers. Just a thought.

hipmaman

The Britax rep confirmed last winter that MSRP of the MA had dropped to $299 due to lower exchange rate. The RA dropped too.

There are rarely sales on them, however, if you are near a Bonnie Togs (Ontario), I sometimes see them go on sale ($269ish). Those that still have $349 and then sometimes have special price of $299 is probably doing a bit of 'shady' business by letting people think they get a great sale when that's the MSRP anyway.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Those that still have $349 and then sometimes have special price of $299 is probably doing a bit of 'shady' business by letting people think they get a great sale when that's the MSRP anyway.
I have seen them listed at $349 and it says On Sale for $299. Since the price fixed I haven't seen them higher then the $299 even though it says some say it is a sale (ie. TJ Kids)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC