Talk me into getting another seat

mamakc

We are (probably..most likely) buying a new-to-us car tomorrow. We have seats to put in it, but I've been back and forth about replacing DS's avenue when he outgrows it RF. I really like it, but he's 32lbs and I'll have to flip him FF in one car WAY before I do in the other car. Doesn't seem right to me... But he is 2 so I feel silly buying another convertible seat with no one to pass it down to. He'll probably be around 2.5 - 3 when he hits 35lbs. If I go ahead and keep it and turn him at that point, would he be better off, theoretically, to have the FF avenue in one car rather than the other? One being a tiny older compact car, the other being a large newer crossover vehicle. Does my question make sense? LoL

ADS

icnee

My kids really like their CA's. I must admit I do to.

But if you did FF in one and RF in the other I would RF in the older car and FFin the Newer car but if he mainly rides in the newer car and rarly in the older one then I would RF in the newer one and mov it tothe older on e for the rare times. (if Possible)

What seat do you have your eyes set on?

mamakc

I was thinking about getting a CA65 or an ET65. I really like his CA, but I LOVE the knobs on my mom's ETA she has for the grandkids... lol I'd probably get the CA65 though. It'd be nice to have two 65lb seats and 2 50lb seats (he's in the reg CA now). I just need to find a way to NEED it lol

StPaulMom

I think if it's perfectly reasonable to want to buy another convertible if you can get another 2 years of RF out of it (and you might!). I'm actually considering getting the ET65 because then I can easily fit ANY RF child in my car (I have nieces and nephews all RF) plus BOTH of my kids (3 and 5!!!) who still fit RF in the ET65! Plus, because it sits up higher, I'm more likely to be able to get a decent seatbelt install with my long, forward of the bight seat belt stalks which will make a potential 3 across situation easier AND create more room for puzzling. So can you tell I'm all about justifying new seat purchases? LOL!

Anyway, since you'll be able to use a potential new seat for YEARS to come (both RF and FF), I think that falls into the 'worth it' category :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC